Franz Wagner to announce decision sooner or later

Zavier Simpson won’t let us lose either. That kid didn’t come to Michigan to mess around.

Funny. There have been a lot of little hints along the way.

I agree Mattski. My crystal ball (gut feeling) says he’s coming to M. FWIW

Off topic slightly. I don’t follow Euroleague, but I noticed that the playing time is really balanced across about 10 guys with around 11 or 12 seeing some minutes. Is there a reason for this? If this were the nba or ncaa you would have your starters dominating the minutes. Just wondering if there’s a different theory or some sort of rule on it.

I think professional basketball generally has a more balanced rotation than college basketball. Even the NBA players who lead the league in minutes only play something like 80% of minutes I believe. In college, it isn’t rare to have guys playing 90+%.

The scholarship limits in college certainly impact that and how a roster is constructed.

ALBA seems to take that to the extreme though… 11 guys playing today with double digit minutes. Not sure if there is more reason.

Alba trying mighty hard to blow this game though…but Franz just scored his first basket of the game to give them a late lead with the and one.

Eh, it’s a bit different situation than average given the contributions his brother made here and the roster hole we have.

How is it any different than tracking an EYBL game or a HS game or anything else?

1 Like

Alba blew an 11 point lead in 4th quarter (and 14 point lead at the half) and the game is going to overtime now.

3 Likes

You’re right about the balance in the NBA, particularly regular season. But I think Toronto was rolling with about a true 8 or 9 man rotation in the finals and starters would play 30+ minutes. Looks like one guy in this game will hit the number in a finals game. Just interesting to see.

1 Like

FIBA is four 10 minute quarters, not 12 like the NBA. FWIW

1 Like

The reason I’m optimistic is that if he were saying then why wouldn’t he just say so? I don’t know how the contracts work there and if there’s a significant advantage to using Michigan for negotiation but it does seem like he’s playing it out to say that he’s leaving.

Bayern pulling away at the free throw line down the stretch in overtime. Tough loss for Alba, would be the end of their season and now we wait for news.

4 Likes

Final: Bayern 93, Alba 88.

3 points in 16 minutes for Franz Wagner.

Prepare for heartbreak, it’s the only sensible thing to do. And even if he does commit to Michigan, don’t believe it.

5 Likes

I just have been following this conversation for a couple of days and somebody had mentioned he played today. One Google search later and, bam!

What does that even mean?

I’m guessing this was easier to find out about. Do high schools give live stats too?

Just adding up the bits of emotional evidence in order to convince myself: there’s been a certain testy quality in comments from the Alba people, trying to lay out reasons why Franz should stick around. Seem to suggest that, at very least, they knew that they might lose him.

If these kind of comments are jinxing the matter I’ll return to my self-imposed summer exile. Happened to be around the internet the last few days!

I take it as lighthearted pessimism at its best/worst

2 Likes

i believe that there is a limit on how much total time American imports can play.