Four-star wing Isaiah Barnes commits to Michigan

12 Likes

Really good get, moving up and it sounds like he may move up even more when scouts get live evals. Would not be shocked if he was top 50 by the end of cycle.

6 Likes

smashing news. this is going to be a large class and Barnes fits perfectly in terms of positional fit and class rank.

7 Likes

Updated scholarship chart:

2 Likes

Barnes is pretty much the ideal recruit that you want to sign at this point. His stock is trending upward, you are benefiting from him not getting to play an open July in front of coaches, he’s long, athletic and can shoot.

His UAA film from last summer doesn’t really “pop” but you can see how much his game has expanded in his HS film this year.

26 Likes

Def a top 50 type

2 Likes

Yep would be nice to get Brizzi and Tschetter on board soon to, who are similar recruits to Barnes. That’d be a great base to work with.

3 Likes

my gut comp is Lester Abram

3 Likes

I think he’ll probably end up properly ranked in the 50-100 range… More of a boom or bust type of prospect in that range. He has legit potential but a top-50 guy is usually a guy you would bet on being an immediate impact guy. Not sure Barnes is that, not sure he isn’t that. So feels like 50-100 is the range for him.

Maybe this will seem like sour grapes but I definitely like Barnes more than Pierre brooks. I think brooks has a higher floor but his ceiling is no where near Barnes.

1 Like

Coach Howard picking up June commits during a pandemic! :muscle:

16 Likes

I’m all in. Great get to a great start for 2021.

1 Like

Feel better about 21’ class for sure now. Good get at a position of need.

2 Likes

Is there a position that isn’t a need in the 2021 class?

9 Likes

Yeah they pretty much need a PG, SG, another wing and a Center. You could argue maybe the 4 is the least of the 5 needs, but even that position they could use another guy.

1 Like

NEWS! OMG, NEWS!

(Also, don’t ASK me if it’s an incomplete sentence. Clearly, software, you think you know better than me, but I don’t appreciate your insincerity. Own it, at least.)

3 Likes

(So, apparently, the way to get it to back off its lack of understanding of sentence structure is to meet aggression with aggression)

lol it’s a real stickler

But just based on size and skill I think he’s far closer to 50 then 100. Also, great upside.

Lol yea I guess you’re right. Regardless good to get the first one in the fold at 2/3, now just 5 or 6 more to go.

2 Likes