Former Michigan Players NOT in NBA

didn’t realize what thread we were in and thought this was a new recruit on the scene. “14 ppg in the italian junior leagues? sign me up!”

anyway i sent this into the late bucket problem like three years ago but have we ever discussed brent petway becoming a pro e-sports player?

5 Likes

Love ya GR3, but good luck with that

6 Likes

Did he finish his program at Harvard?

2 Likes

Well, the Suns are one team that’s going to have to figure out a way to fill out a roster with bodies on the cheap.

1 Like

He’s still young enough, in theory.

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1674792595648823296?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

Cleaning house because they let Jeff Van Gundy go too. ESPN’s trying to get under the salary cap.

3 Likes

I read that Max Kellerman made $5m a year and Keyshawn Johnson was making ~$3m a year. Seems like a lot of bad financial decisions.

I really hope all the rank and file are spared from this. But I think sports programming on cable is worthless outside of live sports. Not interested in take factories. Can get better content (or even the hot takes if that’s your jam) on podcasts and YouTube. I know McAfee is really popular but I’m wondering how good that contract will look in a couple years.

7 Likes

This sums it up well.

https://twitter.com/DuncanSmithNBA/status/1674816650347008000?t=AYreCf3KLMCdYDd0cN809w&s=19

Is McAfee really THAT popular? Look, I know that I am far from the most knowledgeable. I don’t follow all of these so-called pundits or their platforms day-to-day. But speaking for myself alone, if it weren’t for Aaron Rodgers and his annual off-season musings, I wouldn’t know Pat McAfee from the barber down the street. The decisions ESPN has been making lately seem truly stunning.

You don’t say?

Lol! Well thanks to you, I did a little research. Doesn’t change my opinion, sorry.

1 Like

My bad dude! I saw the purple R and assumed it was Romeo. Busting the wrong guy’s chops!

1 Like

All good. Honestly, I’m not a fanduel guy. Listen to mad dog occasionally but not during his hours. YouTube, Fox, etc,…, even his football career…he was a punter. A good one I guess, but still… :slightly_smiling_face: I get his reasons for walking away from 120 mil at fandual, but unless he has a ton of pull, it’s going to be yet another bad PR move (among other things), for ESPN I would think.

Zavier’s with the Pistons(ish)

https://twitter.com/Pistons_PR/status/1674875391373189120?s=20

2 Likes

18 players on a summer league roster. What is the expectation of the summer league from the team’s perspective? Seems like a lot of those players aren’t going to get a real chance to show what they can do.

A lot of the older players just go for the practices and won’t play in a game. And I’m assuming Ivey and Duren will only play once or twice.

Because most of the actual NBA guys will leave after 1-2 games and someone needs to play

Chaundee Brown headed to play in France this year.

6 Likes

“Polyvalent” sounds like a term from chemistry but in this case it means that he’s versatile and can move to other spots.

3 Likes