EYBL Dallas: Evaluations of Michigan Targets and more

I find it hard to believe Eric Davis is not a better player than an Albrecht or Stu Douglass! Not buying it one bit. No sir.

Wasn’t Carlton Brundidge a stud in HS too? I mean, it’s all about the situation and what they bring. Spike (PG, ball handling) and Stu (shooting) fit a NEED in their specific situations for the team. Fit is HUGE.

Yep, give me Coleman and Nike… I’d be happy

To think that Davis can’t play in the major conferences is ludicrous. Apparently Donovan, Alford, and Izzo are in the business of offering charity cases schollys, highly doubtful. The reason we haven’t offered is that we are SUPPOSEDLY in on others who we prefer more. Eric Davis in the GLIAC is absurdly funny!!

I find it hard to believe Eric Davis is not a better player than an Albrecht or Stu Douglass! Not buying it one bit. No sir.

Wasn’t Carlton Brundidge a stud in HS too? I mean, it’s all about the situation and what they bring. Spike (PG, ball handling) and Stu (shooting) fit a NEED in their specific situations for the team. Fit is HUGE.

Brundidge may have been a lesson learned.

chezaroo, I even spoke to the All Ohio coaches about Davis today, and they said no way he has offers from those schools. Maybe he does, but the kid is very underwhelming.

IMO Davis is a charity case to keep the pipeline open in Saginaw and The Family. I saw some big time players this weekend, and Davis should not be mentioned in the same sentences as them.

I have other opinions who I trust as well. I’ll bet you a steak dinner he doesn’t play a second in the GLIAC!!

Chezaroo ask Jerrett Smith and K’Len Morris about playing in the GLIAC. Two kids who never ever deserved a Michigan offer! TA made the mistake and boom both end up at GVSU where Smith couldn’t even start!

I’ll bet you a steak dinner he doesn’t play in a major conference.

I wouldn’t recommend this kid to my Dad to send tape to the coaches he knows in the OVC. That’s the honest truth. Miles Bridges I would.

This is not personal either. I have no connection to him or any other player. I’m just stating what I saw with my own eyes. Eric Davis will not make Michigan a better basketball team.

There’s a drastic difference between saying that Eric Davis isn’t a good fit at Michigan and saying that Eric Davis will play in the GLIAC. I have my own concerns about his game/fit, but saying he can’t play D1 ball is a bit dramatic.

umhoops, I’ve only seen him play one time when I stated that, and he was very underwhelming. He looked like a little kid among men.

In no way am I trying to come off dramatic. I just went off your list you gave me and had no idea what to expect with any of these kids.

The kid would thrive in DII. IMO he’ll get lost in D1. That’s only based off 2 AAU games though.

Respect your opinion, and I will take the bet. Just for informational enlightenment I saw Davis drop 31 on State Champion Muskegon and their Mr. Basketball DeShaun Thrower, and completely dominate state ranked Romulus by going for 39. GLIAC, come on now. I come down to Waco every year for a week visit with family, I will collect then! He will ABSOLUTELY play in a major conference, no doubt. It just won’t be with UM, most likely.

chezaroo, I honestly hope you’re right as it would be a great accomplishment for any high school kid.

Best of luck to Eric Davis. Keep working.

I find it funny that a guy is giving you not only his opinion but coaches(who have coached college) opinions yet the administrator calls the guy out. Maybe you guys should of sent someone down there.

Calm down. I think Bear’s scouting is GREATLY appreciated, Pratt. People differ and there is a wealth of opinions. I think both sides have legitimate points, plus consider yall are arguing over a plan C or D guy.

guestavo calming things down. Now I’ve seen it all.

Recruiting is fun. Basketball is fun. Enjoy it and Go Blue!

I hope to get a view of the kid this summer. I hope they are down at the Romulus Summer league a night or two.

Chez this State is so down with players from where it use to be. It’s sad really. Romulus was underwhelming this year. I still don’t know how they beat YPSI.

I never saw the kid but its only one weekend guys. Really appreciate the effort and feedback, well done Bear and thanks for the input. Never know what a staff is looking at, the future potential is very difficult to predict. Delfrisco’s is a great steak house if you get near Dallas…enjoy with a nice glass of red!

It’s a pleasant bonus for this site/these forums to have people visiting EYBL events and posting impressions. I definitely appreciate the thoughts and will of course take them into consideration when reading about them in the future.

Thanks again for the consecutive days of inputs bear.

Again… Quit with the personal attacks. Disagreeing with an opinion is one thing, attacking someone for no obvious reason is another. Last warning.