European Soccer

You guys got revenge in the community shield anyway :sweat_smile:

Just reading. Did anyone watch USA-Canada? Apparently USA was really outplayed.

Reportedly played like a team without a manager! Inexplicable!!

3 Likes

I know there are some contractual things with Poch, but they basically set this window on fire. There was no need to even field the A squad for this. First game I haven’t watched at all, even highlights of, because it was basically like having Hoke’s staff coach the spring game after we hired Harbaugh.

Will the US still play qualifying games even though they’re automatically in? Seems like they could use the reps.

“Acaden, any thoughts on the USMNT?”

5 Likes

No, you can’t just play in qualifying games if you are already qualified. Also CONCACAF qualifying without the US, Canada and Mexico is … not exactly a tough test overall.

It’s really hard to schedule friendlies and such over the next two years though because of qualifying in other continents and UEFA Nations League.

I think there’s one more window of friendlies, then Nations League in the next two windows, then it is June and then Gold Cup? Something like that.

1 Like

Gold Cup 2025 is also expanding

16 Concacaf
2 AFC
2 CAF
2 Conembol
2 UEFA

I think this is all fair, but also the September international break is always one of the most meaningless and pointless IMO.

Club football just started, it sucks to energy out of that, and it is coming after all of the summer stuff so nothing is particularly important. Plus NFL and NCAAF just started in the US and there’s no real appetite for the USMNT.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that this isn’t actually happening

If Poch was managing, I would have been glued to it though. Hopefully it’s done by the Panama/Mexico tilt in October.

Well, yeah, of course because that would be a major shift in the entire program :rofl:

1 Like

Poch confirmed on the TNT pregame.

1 Like
1 Like

Kings of Concacaf vs Mexico tonight

I love this website so much, but Dylan’s City fandom makes me wonder if it’s worth the subscription lol. Who could root for this!

1 Like

LOL! What did City do wrong!?!?!?!

Wild game for sure. A draw and a long-term injury for Rodri is still a win for Arsenal though, even with the two dropped points at the end.

I just saw this on Twitter though, which is hilarious. Fair play being mad at this :rofl:

https://x.com/FelipeCar/status/1837910286470148230

Only in soccer does a team get a guy kicked out after extra time and give up the tying goal after extra time. How soccer still uses such an arbitrary timing system under the guise of tradition is beyond me.

Wild game and physical, questionable officiating, some dirty tricks by both teams. I just am so sick of City. Was really rooting for them to lose…even though I know they are by far the better team and likely to win it all again.

I don’t know how likely this is. Aging stars, potential serious injury to most important player, no major off-season additions, Pep contract coming up, I get that they are off to a good start but there’s a lot of room for things to dip.

Speaking of timing… the time wasting by Arsenal in the 2H was really something to behold.