European Soccer

I don’t understand why we can’t come up w a center back to sub for Dest when the score is 2-0.

1 Like

I’m highly critical of GGG but he set up perfectly for this match and absolutely owns Mexico.

Dest was unreal tonight.

Just end it. And LOL at the full time whistle as they were gearing up for another one.

1 Like

Terrific pair of UCL games today. Great drama.

I am not emotionally prepared for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Watch Kyle get an early red like Araujo.

Seriously though, easily the most entertaining quarterfinals ever.

Man City/Madrid is the final boss fight for both teams I think

Guys, MC/Madrid is tied with 10 mins left, Dylan isn’t watching now it’s time for us to go hog wild

Doku has completely changed the match. RM slowly unparking that bus though.

Also can’t believe KDB missed that sitter.

Gonna need a wellness check here soon on Dylan.

Pulling the best goal scorer on earth going into extra time is a choice!

A necessary and smart one IMO.

Madrid doing the lords work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The PK kick right at the goalie makes you look like a genius when it works and the dumbest man alive when it fails

2 Likes

the slower the better

Yes ideally slow enough for the goalie to dive, stand up again, and still save it

I’m going to blame Modric launching the ball into the upper deck giving Bernardo too much time to think about it and deciding to get tricky with it. Kova’s just sucked.

Had a ton of chances, crossbar early and KDB missed one that he would bury 999 out of 1000 times. Sucks though. Would have been the most Typical City moment ever if not for last year.

Damn. Too bad, too sloppy at different moments. Not clinical. Lost the game by not winning it, despite the bad pens.

I feel like this might be the best chance City had to win another UCL for a while too if they have some big outgoings this offseason.

I joked about it on Twitter, but away goals made knockout rounds way better in UCL. Shameful for a team like Real to just park the bus for 108 minutes.

3 Likes

I sort of agree on the away goals, but always felt like the first legs were always played at 75% speed prior to them being abolished. Still think they would have parked at 4-3 (1-3) today but who knows.

But once City score, the game turns into a wild back and forth affair, right?

I guess you could say it is basically flipped now. The first legs are more wild.

I don’t know, I preferred the setup personally.

1 Like

At least you didn’t lose to a goal scored by the player who’s going to join your team this summer…

Dylan please…