Dream 2020 Class? --- Fab Five 2.0 to kick things off?

If they get Moody, Jace Howard, and Dickinson to go along with Jackson, 247’s class calculator gives them a point total that would have finished between 9-14th in the country over the past 3 years. Add in either Todd or Burnett, and that class becomes Top 5.

1 Like

I think it is reasonable to think the signing could end up:

• Zeb Jackson remains in the fold
  • 1 of Christopher, Springer, Burnett (Springer the least likely)
  • Jace Howard
  • 1 of Todd, Dickinson, or Williams (Williams the least likely)
  • Another PF or C in the late signing period
  • A grad transfer (or 2) depending on current roster attrition

That would be a heck of a haul for a first full recruiting class.

I think we get Moody instead of the group of Christopher, Springer, Burnett, which I’m just as happy about. Otherwise, I agree! Though I would hope Todd AND Dickinson/Williams commit

2 Likes

As a corollary, if a ballpark to the scenario above comes through, I expect at least one player to transfer out by season’s end. It just happens in the aftermath of a new coaching staff.

Always dangerous to project who guy leaving will be, but there’s been buzz about Eli Brooks (again) this off-season. If Eli really does carve out a solid rotational spot this season…add in Jackson & a stud combo-guard to the incoming freshman class; someone’s going to feel pinched for opportunity and look at options to play multiple seasons elsewhere

2 Likes

I expect at least one transfer regardless of who signs.

1 Like

Nunez would have two more years somewhere else and is more likely to transfer than Brooks, who would only have one more year and will almost certainly see more playing time this season anyway. DeJulius as well, but he will at least have a shot at being a starter next year. Davis will probably grad transfer.

If the buzz around Brooks plays out through the season and he earns a regular rotation spot, I would see Brooks staying with the program, as well.

Dream 2020 Class #TheFirstFive

PG: Zeb Jackson
SG: one of Moses Moody/Nimari Burnett/Jaden Springer
SF: Jace Howard
PF: Isaiah Todd
C: Hunter Dickinson

LETS GO BLUE

2 Likes

I would guess it’s pretty unlikely that Brooks would transfer at this point (unless he manages to graduate a year early) since he would have to sit out a year to graduate somewhere else and then only get to play one additional year.

The sophomores that don’t seem to have guaranteed starting spots for the 2020-21 season (Dave, Johns, Nunez) will have big decisions to make.

1 Like

Moody’s more of an off-the-ball target, so I still want Howard to score one of those wing creators he covets – one of Christopher, Springer or Burnett.

1 Like

My guess

Todd
Springer
Moody
Zeb
Dickinson

No Jace, I think he will blaze his own path to Brown. I guess if we can take 6 then maybe.

at least we know Zeb can stay in Moses’ ear while they’re at school

9 Likes