Dream 2020 Class? --- Fab Five 2.0 to kick things off?

Montverde isn’t also excellent at prepping for college. Probably the best in the country. Guys mentally handle X and Os better, are more disciplined and unselfish, and learn to play defense very hard. And have to bring it every day which creates consistency. Cade and Beverly both said the hardest/best part of Montverde was how challenging every practice was. Couldn’t half ass through those with Boyle or he’d be on you instantly.

2 Likes

That’s good news. Hopefully it prepares Zeb to be ready to fill in immediately when Zavier is gone next year!

1 Like

Sounds like very, very good news all-around.

Got…

-Zeb in hand.
-Juwan’s sons working on Barnes.
-Zeb working on Cade.
-A 5-star Chicago guard (Burnett) interested.
-Juwan’s son working on another 5-star Chicago guard (Miller).

:blush::+1:

So… next year’s team…

C: Castelton(Jr)
PF: Johns(Jr)
SF: Bajema(So)
SG: Nunez(Jr) / Brooks(Sr)
PG: DeJulius(Jr) / Jackson(Fr)

That’s 7/13 ^ … so 6 scholarships.
-Maybe Livers doesn’t go pro?
-Maybe Wilson recommits, and stays a 2nd yr?
-Maybe Wagner (or someone else?) commits, and stays a 2nd yr?
-Maybe Brooks (or someone else?) grad transfers?

I’m guessing there’ll be room for ~ Jackson and 4 other guys in the 2020 class.

Who do you think fills those spots?

1. Burnett or Miller. I think we get one of the CHI guards.
  2. I bet Wade’s kid gets a scholly. I bet Juwan’s is at least a walk-on.
  3. Abdur-Rahim or Peavy. Bet we land one of those guys. Leaning towards Rahim at the moment.
  4. Howard surprise would be nice here. Maybe he pulls Scottie Barnes or a surprise’ish big man outta somewhere (Isaiah Jackson? Kessler? Loveday?)
  5. If there’s room… Scooby Johnson’d be a real nice add too. Maybe he turns into Xavier Tillman?

Where’s Livers?

no way Wilson is one and done, Franz neither.

Who thought Iggy was 1andDone this time last yr?

I did. Iggy is a 5 star and one year older than other to begin with.

It was definitely a possibility, not a guarantee though. I figured if he had a productive year(as he did) there would be a good chance he’d leave.

As of December I thought so. By late January I’d become open-minded about that.

I don’t think that’s accurate about grad transferring. The whole point of being a grad transfer is that you don’t have to sit out if you earned a degree. Redshirting previously has nothing to do with it, it’s simply that it’s rare for someone to graduate in three years, so most players that have graduated and still have a year of eligibility left have redshirted…but it’s not a requirement.

1 Like

does anyone have an opinion who they believe Howard’s first 2020 commit will be, besides the already committed Zeb Jackson?

Semi-realistic best case scenario is:

Burnett
Zeb
JAR
4* Big man
Scooby
3 & D wing (don’t follow closely enough to know who this is)

While I would love a Barnes or Christopher in the class, I just don’t think we’re getting someone like that right off the bat. Kessler is a long shot as well IMO, though I’d love to have him or Loveday.

Yeah, you’re correct. For example: Justin Pierce played all three years he was in the W&M program but is immediately eligible because he graduated. Of course, I think the redshirting/medical-redshirt reason is the far more common reason players grad transfer.

Resurrecting this old topic, and (I hope) keeping it at least marginally within the realm of possibility…
Zeb Jackson (I have no sources, but a good feeling he ends up at UM)
1 of Walker Kessler/Mark Williams/Hunter Dickinson/Zach Loveday
1 or both of Jalen Suggs/Nimari Burnett
Dawson Garcia (if not, then 1 of Henry Coleman/Lance Ware)
Carlos Johnson

Jabri Abdur-Rahim would’ve been on this list a week ago, naturally, and so would Adam Miller if there had been an indication of anything happening there.

Swap Loveday with Mark Williams. Add a /Terrance Williams besides where Scooby is and a /Lance Ware by Dawson Garcia and that is essentially my list.

2 Likes

No Burnett on yours?

You are correct. Swap him for Suggs because I just don’t see Suggs happening.

1 Like

I think you are setting yourself up to be highly disappointed when the recruiting class comes together. Jackson + a top C (Kessler, Dickinson, Williams) seems reasonable. Beyond that, set your sights outside of the Top50…I mean it is “possible” Michigan may pull an upset for Burnett or Christopher or Suggs, but it would be a surprising recruiting upset at this point in the cycle for Michigan to steal any of them.

1 Like

No worries, it’s not a list of expectations. Just my preferences from what I’ve seen of the players. I know the class won’t be as strong as that.