DJ Wilson's defensive potential

C'mon. Dylan is someone with "extreme bias and borderline infatuation?" I am? The guys at Synergy who charted defensive efficiency numbers are? The people in this thread who dare to disagree with you about Jordan Morgan are motivated solely by bias and infatuation?

You can do what you want. I’ll just say this–sometimes, acknowledging that you might be in error on a particular subject gains you more in the way of overall credibility than does characterizing everyone else as irrational and/or biased.

Dylan has a job, to promote UM basketball, so I understand that he is obligated to a certain extent. I know that you appear on UM related sites from time to time as well, so once again, your ability to be objective is compromised. The fan base in general here is extremely biased, as am I to a certain degree. When we get a good portion of fans claiming that Matta isn’t a good coach, while JB is great, and that they wouldn’t trade JB for any other coach. When people on this site were proclaiming DJ Wilson to be a 2 and done out of HS… that tells me what Im working with. These things are absurd

Furthermore, I really don’t care about what you, or anybody else thinks about my credibility. I KNOW basketball. I’ve played it at a higher level than most here, coached it, and helped develop talent (the kids are the ones that truly deserve the credit). So I don’t need the approval of anyone here, and vice versa. Just here to engage in basketball dialogue about a team and university that I love. I don’t want to win a popularity contest, just want to have objective basketball talk. It’s just never been in my DNA to back down when I know Im correct or have legitimate, objective points, neither in my days as an athlete or my professional capacity…just not built in that manner.

What were the defensive numbers for Morgan as a sophomore/junior? I am not saying Morgan improved defensively from a frosh/senior. I think the better question is how much he improved as a frosh/soph considering the only veteran big Michigan has/had on the roster is Max and he’s leaving. Even with Wilson, possibly Wagner coming in the D from the 4/5 position looks like it could be a sore spot next year as well.

MattD has to be a very elaborate troll, right? I just can't believe he's a real person. He has to be 12 or 13, based on the self-reverence and antagonism.

Touché, MattD.

Call it what you want, I just don’t see things the way that you, and some others do. Does that make me a troll? Does it make me a troll because I don’t like the trajectory of this team, and am willing to say IT despite the fact that you may not care for it?

Conversely, does it make you a troll because you disagree with me? Does it make you, or anybody else, a troll because you like the trajectory of the team, and like the coach, and are willing to always find a silver lining out of a situation when there is clearly much more bad than good on many fronts. Does it make someone a troll because all they seem to say is “you can see the potential” in X player, in about 16,000 variations…or “you know JB will develop” X player throughout the course of the year…then you look at the stats from these guys and think…wait, what the hell is this guy talking about? Because that’s what I’ve been asked from a few other people that read the site casually that aren’t pro UM, but don’t necessarily have an interest adverse to UM.

Opinions…everybody has them.

Definite unknowns. I still have a hard time seeing where DJ plays. He needs to either get big enough to play the five or skilled enough to play the four.

We know what Robinson can do (shoot), but where he fits depends on so many other moving pieces.

And to think I got hammered for saying the exact same thing in my initial opinion on Wilson. Funny how it’s ok coming from you. Bottom line, the guy isn’t strong enough to defend the post and not skilled enough to play the wing. That’s the reason I didn’t like the fit when he initially committed, and that’s the reason I don’t think he will be an impact player for another 2-3 years. Let me guess though, he’s still got potential to enter this years NBA draft as a first round pick. SMH

Maybe because Dylan is not condescending and arrogant when debating?

Definite unknowns. I still have a hard time seeing where DJ plays. He needs to either get big enough to play the five or skilled enough to play the four.

We know what Robinson can do (shoot), but where he fits depends on so many other moving pieces.

And to think I got hammered for saying the exact same thing in my initial opinion on Wilson. Funny how it’s ok coming from you. Bottom line, the guy isn’t strong enough to defend the post and not skilled enough to play the wing. That’s the reason I didn’t like the fit when he initially committed, and that’s the reason I don’t think he will be an impact player for another 2-3 years. Let me guess though, he’s still got potential to enter this years NBA draft as a first round pick. SMH

Maybe because Dylan is not condescending and arrogant when debating?

There is some merit to your point, I will openly acknowledge that. But lets not pretend as if I’m a fool when providing scouting reports. You (not literally you Bacon) may not like it, but I’m not blowing smoke out of my ass either.