DeVante' Jones in concussion protocol, did not travel to Indianapolis

This might be one opponent where they can get by with what they have.

1 Like

Also, if they switch a lot, Frankie is the best 1-on-1 player on the team.

4 Likes

Best at what? Going one on one and turning it over?

I feel so bad for DeVante first and foremost. Obviously hope we advance and he is able to play but this year has just been snakebit up to this point.

8 Likes

Same, itā€™s really sad.

But letā€™s be honest, this is the least surprising injury ever. Jones is a magnet for getting clunked by someone or something, Iā€™m shocked this is first injury of the season.

SHOTS FIRED!

But seriously, this is the reason he got minutes during the season, even when he looked terrible. And in his defense, heā€™s played his best ball in the last month.

3 Likes

Gotta imagine that the post double teams off Frankie are gonna look cartoonish tomorrow

2 Likes

It literally is:

Frankie 1+ 3pt made = Michigan win
Frankie 0fer = Michigan lose

3 Likes

big blow. I feel bad for DeVante. He was excited to play in the big dance for the first time in his career. This is likely his last chance, hope the team rallies and gets him a chance to play on Saturday.

9 Likes

Makes me sick to my stomach

11 Likes

I donā€™t mean it to be a shot, but I just donā€™t think of Frankie like that at all. For sure, heā€™s played better, but in tiny tiny doses. If our hope is that Frankie can take advantage one on one, then well I donā€™t have much hope.

2 Likes

Hunter is going to have to go off and if they double triple team him then he is going to have to kick to hopefully Eli or Caleb

1 Like

ā€œRemember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.ā€

Except potentially Michiganā€™s season.

3 Likes

We never thought Michigan would win at OSU without Hunter. Crazy things can happenā€¦

17 Likes

Well, Frankie has not hit a 3 since Dec 18th. Soā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m confused. If thereā€™s anything Frankie can do, itā€™s beat a guy off the bounce.

9 Likes

Eli 20 assists in 4 tourney games last year

7 Likes

This season is just terribly cursed overall

7 Likes

Yeah, I feel like this news wouldā€™ve been better coming out on Thursday morning - that way maybe CSU wouldnā€™t have the same time to adjust. Any smart coach is doubling Hunter from Frankieā€™s man no matter where he is on the court.

2 Likes

I cringe at that big lineup trying to guard 4-5 small perimeter players, especially when the 2/3 in that lineup are slow laterally. How does that even look? Only play zone when they are in?