Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

Yea, I guess it’s more annoying cause I don’t particularly care about this narrative and never was a big James guy so you search some summer league stuff and every article is about him. It’s over saturation and I’d prefer to read about other guys and want to see more prospects

Oh well, they know more about what’s driving traffic than me.

How did the top pick look? Anyone watch?

2 Likes

Sarr did some eyes emoji things. Impressive shot blocks, a sidestep 3 and a nice drive spin and fadeaway.

Watching the first quarter of the Summer League Rockets vs Lakers I was really put off by the extent to which Doris and Mark seemed to want to put Bronny over. I don’t think it’s his fault or something, I get why he’s covered like he matters. But it’s hard to feel like you’re not being mistreated as a fan.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not Bronny’s fault. He didn’t ask for all the attention. But with the extreme amount of attention that the media is bringing him in an effort to get eyeballs and clicks, it is unfortunately going to bring a sour taste along with it.

4 Likes

Klintman will be a rotational player as a 3 and D wing player sooner rather than later. He has a good feel for the game. I think he’s their most effective player so far today.

Sasser will be buried in the bench so I hope they send him down to the G League.

Why is Sasser going to be buried? They don’t have another backup PG option on the roster as of now.

He’s not a PG. He’s a combo G in a PG body. He didn’t play well today. He’s likely the 5th G on the team behind Cade, Ivey, THJ, and Beasley.

They haven’t signed a backup PG so that makes me think Cade and Ivey will share duties this season.

Quick Summer League thoughts:

• Klintman is closer to being a legit rotation player than I thought. He showed a good feel for the game with cutting, spacing and passing. His shooting is good. His defense wasn’t bad but there are times where his inexperience and lack of strength showed.

• Holland played just okay imo. Athleticism is as advertised. He needs to get stronger. His form isn’t bad, nowhere near as broken as Ausar. His FT shooting is pretty good.

• Sasser didn’t play well. Settled for far too much jumper especially the step back 3 pt shots. The team wants him to be the PG but I’m not sure if he’s a PG.

• Wendell Moore is nondescript to me. More of a back end of the bench player.

• I can see why Langdon signed Jenkins to a two way contract. Still not a NBA caliber player but he showed something in stretches.

1 Like

I like Nick Smith jr. Great draft last year for the Hornets

1 Like

Really like Bobi Klintman. Good shooter, good athlete, good compete level on defense, always seemed to make the right play

He was the guy I was hoping they would target when they traded up in the 2nd round. 6’10" who can shoot is a good thing.

Johnny Davis still playing summer league meanwhile Franz is signing max contracts :sob:

4 Likes

Johnny isn’t going to get a second contract

Aw what a bummer (he’s already made generational wealth so I have no sympathy for being a Wisconsin hater)

It’s amazing the diverging tracks college players take when stepping up to the next level. What’s good in college doesn’t always translate, unfortunately.

2 Likes

It was obvious to me that his game wasn’t going to translate. He was inefficient scorer who isn’t a shooter with average athleticism. He doesn’t bring much to the table. Why he was a lottery pick is beyond me.

6 Likes

Totally agree. He had an out of body experience that year for Wisconsin when all of his tough shots fell and nothing else about his profile suggested he would be an NBA player. This isn’t like Stauskas where we thought his shooting and ball handling would play even if his athleticism and defense were risks.

I still think I loath Wisconsin basketball more than. Illinois.

1 Like

Davis didn’t play much defense either, did he? Yeah, I agree that this one was a relatively easy call

My early projection for the Pistons depth chart:

PG: Cade | Ivey | Sasser
SG: Ivey | THJ | Beasley
SF: Fontecchio | Ausar | Holland
PF: Harris | Fontecchio | Ausar | Klintman
C: Duren | Beef | Reed

I think Klintman will play his way into the rotation in the middle of the season. There’s a lack of backup PG option behind Cade and lack of rim protection at C.

JB likes to play 8-9 man rotation so Cade, Ivey, THJ, Beasley, Tek, Ausar, Harris, Duren and Beef are in it. Holland and Klintman likely will be either at the backend of the bench. JB has to be smart not to have a bunch of nonshooters on the court unlike Monty.

EDIT: Forgot about Reed. He’ll be part of the rotation. It seems like either Duren or Beef are the odd man out for the trade market.

What about Paul Reed? I imagine he will factor in somewhere

1 Like