Detroit Pistons & NBA Talk

https://x.com/BricksCenter/status/1811936869153984950?t=-DkR-9BqueSflBIt3iQHZA&s=19

1 Like

Reddick did him no favors with that statement, this could be pretty ugly.

It would be great if people just let him be judged the same as other late-2nd round picks are.

5 Likes

The glee people have in shidding on a 19 year old who is playing after a cardiac arrest last year is truly bizarre to me

7 Likes

It would be easier to judge him the same as any other second round pick if he was covered like any other second round pick. The media brings the negative attention when they cover him more than the #1 overall pick

The Rockets are in amazing shape for the future. Not Thunder level good shape ( hard not to compare all rebuilds there) but Reed, Green, Whitmore, Alperen, Smith, Eason , Thompson, Griffin is pretty interesting.

If Griffin can get his head on straight I think he could be a nice bench 2 way wing at worst down the line , low risk high reward add.

And of course Nate Will.

You gotta like that teams potential. That Cam slide last year still just made no sense do me. Felt like he was a clear top 5-10 talent in that draft.

1 Like

Didnā€™t even see they added Adams. Not sure where heā€™s at with injuries, but if healthy thatā€™s a slick little move for 15-20. Adds size and toughness, leadership , vet, to a young athletic team.

Always liked Van Vleet.

Probably canā€™t keep all those guys but they have enough there to identify the ones to keep. Amen and Reed could be a good backcourt. Eason and Sengun look like keepers. I think Jabari Smith fits too. Maybe they should trade Green and Whitmore.

1 Like

Wonder if his last name was anything else if he wouldā€™ve played at all this year.

3 Likes

Probably better than Thanasis.

Yeah who knows. The kid was deemed a viable NBA prospect before he started at USC. Obviously that whole thing happened, and Iā€™d say it only slightly has to do with his ability to play.

Iā€™m not convinced heā€™s not an actual NBA prospect I guess.

I donā€™t think his agent helped the situation obviously.

I tend to think peoples asocial weird behavior is their own responsibility :man_shrugging:

If heā€™s badā€¦.so? Lots of people arenā€™t NBA quality.

Yea, Iā€™m not saying people should be terrorizing him but the way they muscled his way into the league and to get what they wanted put a huge target on his back.

Personally Iā€™ve never thought he was a sure fire rotation level pro in the NBA and if he is, itā€™s going to take a lot if patience and time which a lot of guys ( particularly guards) donā€™t get.

I do like the youngest whenever I see him, havenā€™t watched in a bit but he seemed much more intriguing to me.

1 Like

Bryce is a non prospect. Peaked early. Didnā€™t start for Sierra Canyon last year

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m crazy but Whitmore strikes me as a guy who you could play at small ball 4 sometimes, particularly with all these athletes with nice size next to him.

Really? Havenā€™t watched him in at least 18 months but I liked his game more at the time.

I also feel like when I watched him as a 13-14 ish year versus where his brother was he interested me more.

Has he straight plateaued ?

Yeah never really grew or improved since freshman year. Even ranking sites donā€™t have him in the top 100 which is saying a lot since they even tried to have Zaire Wade up high for a little while til they dropped him.

Gotcha, yea just googled him and he looks exactly the same and appears to be just ok.

Edey on the Grizzlies is too perfect. Guy is going to be a good pro.

If heā€™s bad and not getting covered like a superstar, then so what. Nobody really bats an eye about Thanasis except in a funny way because he doesnā€™t get much attention. But when Bronny is getting attention like heā€™s 18 year old Lebron, then heā€™s going to get backlash because way better players are getting little to no attention. Heā€™s already being covered like an NBA superstar.

This was an ESPN highlight they were promoting the other day. A regular defensive play. Not even a block or a steal that led to a run out. Because they didnā€™t have any real Bronny highlights to offer. Meanwhile, players who actually did something in the game didnā€™t get highlights.

Itā€™s more of a media criticism than anything, but the amount of attention he is getting is absurd for a guy that very likely will never be a good NBA player. Cover him like a regular second round pick and nobody will care. Donā€™t have your agent dictate exactly what team you need to go to and nobody will care.

2 Likes