Crisler Center & Big Ten Crowd Atmosphere

Honestly, Michigan should do a separate priority points between Football and MBB now that MBB product is good enough to stand on its own. I get it when you’re coming off from Ellerbee and Amaker years but not anymore. Give more priority to the fans who actually wants to be at the MBB games.

I don’t think it’s really about the “basketball product being good” as much as it is about the demand and the customer base. Football makes the money. No matter how good the team is.

1 Like

This conversation just makes me sad that this year’s team didn’t get the fan experience. I just watched the 43-6 run vs. Wisky that @Tom48160 posted in the Seth Trimble thread…man, that place would have been going insane (take the butterfly effect out of this). Seriously, go watch that video if you need a smile today.

I hope the fan base comes back invigorated at Crisler in a post-COVID-season world. Will be interesting to watch attendance numbers (whatever capacity is allowed), and how my own personal perception of the fan base - which is risk averse - will be. I could still see some clunker turnouts for a program trending toward blue blood status.

1 Like

I too think the student section should be bigger and in the lower bowl.No offense to my buddy Silverblue but the 55 plus wealthy alums who pore money in the AD do not get noticeably excited during games. In fact probably buy season tickets and show up to a handful of games. I don’t know if that will ever change.

1 Like

Yeah I displaced our family’s tickets too :grimacing:

1 Like

You speak the truth. The lower middle sections remain (at best) half full at tip off even for the very best games. But the many empties makes it pretty easy to find a good lower bowl seat after tipoff.

I sat immediately behind the Visitor’s bench all 4 of my 4 years at Michigan. Admittedly a long time ago. And I’d like to think we were part of the reason students don’t get to sit there anymore.

4 Likes

Well, OK, so there you go. I’m not wealthy, and I don’t have a ton of money to pour into the AD, but I just sit in the upper reaches of Crisler and go wacko…in only the most positive and supportive way, of course! :innocent: I have, however been looking for some kind of young looking disguise so that maaaaybe I could be become part of the Maize Rage! :wink: I could, perhaps, teach 'em one of my favorite cheers from back in the day. It goes something like this this, well, it’s a little more involved than this but the main punch line is, “Go back, go back, go back to your school! Your team is a loser and your coach is a fool!” Clap, clap…“Go back, go back…” Well, you get the gist of it! :rofl:

4 Likes

I thought you’d “like” this, Superfan! I’m still hoping that someday, maaaaybe I could do a guest appearance with the Maize Rage! :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

I do get the gist😉

1 Like

We’ve had an insane amount of success vs. Purdue but our all time record in that building is abysmal. 16-32 overall…if you take out the 5-3 record we’ve had in our last 8 games there, it was 11-29 all time. Seems bad even for a Big Ten road venue. Prior to that 5-3 run, we had lost 10 of our last 12 there dating back to 1995.