Crisler Center Attendance

2 Likes

Another rivalry game where more players showed no emotion than those that did.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t sure where to place this question, and its probably an easy answer for a lot of you, but who is the older gentleman that has his courtside seat next to JB and the bench?

Iā€™ve always wondered, because I donā€™t recognize him, but assume he is a UM celebrity that I just never had the guts to ask out loud.

1 Like

It is Al Glick

Ha - and thatā€™s why I was gunshy in asking. Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t know what Glick looked like. Thanks man

I think, and hope, that after this win Crisler is now going to be sold out or close to it for Thursday. Big big one coming up and they deserve the support.

$6 tickets on stubhub.

I definitely donā€™t think itā€™ll be a crazy atmosphere at all, so tix price probably wonā€™t change much.

I do hope at least casual fans show up to fill it, or close to fill it. Hey, itā€™s not an early week 9pm game at least ha!

Yeaaaahhh, I doubt it. Fanbase doesnā€™t react positively that quickly. Based on the data, Iā€™d project about 809 or so students at the game.

Cheapest tix tonight on Stubhub are in the $20 range (without fees). Still pretty cheap for a big game but at least they arenā€™t still going for under $10 ha. Still hoping for a good crowd to spur them on.

1 Like

My random guess is around 11,500 official attendance with the usual empty seats in the lower bowl.

1 Like

i wish there was a site that where fans could post videos of how loud and obnoxious they are, and people who want to throw a few bucks to help with tickets could pool money in to crowdfund them. Iā€™d contribute if it meant we gain some improvement in home court advantage. The lift other teams get from a fully engaged/intimidating home crowd is pretty impressive.

You were close! 12,128 in the box score.

At least it seemed like the atmosphere was better.

Thatā€™s paid attendance. Actual fannies in seats around 11,000, IMO.

1 Like

I was given the impression that it was much lower than that.

In was there. Itā€™s just a guess, but there were scattered empty seats in the lower bowl and a lot of empty seats in the uppers, especially at the south end. 11,000 is my estimate of actual attendance. I will say that the crowd was into it and really responded when we dug in and mounted the comeback in the second half.

I wonder what the Purdue crowd will be like?

Senior Night, Spikeā€™s return, big game, teamā€™s been hot.

Starting to seem like itā€™ll take some tournament wins and national publicity before we can count on decent attendance, energy, and interest.

And will Donnal/Duncan be honored during the game tooā€¦ I assume Donnal will be?