College Basketball Open Discussion

So apparently my CBS is showing All In focusing on the free diving championship instead of bracket preview. Fun.

Might be watching the wrong CBS. I’m watching the bracket preview right now. Are you on CBS College?

Nope hah the menu says the bracket show, the timeline says the bracket show, the local website says the bracket show. But now I’m watching an in depth study on the katana.

2 Likes

11 Likes

I get that outside of games given the protocols put in place, but how are players going to be physically distanced from one another during the 67 games?

Watching the Loyola-Chicago vs. Drake game. I’m pretty impressed with Loyola. They’re solid.

1 Like

Carter Whitt buries a 3 to tie the game at FSU with 2 mins to go. He also has 9 assists

3 Likes

Crean had to watch Alabama put up 115 on his guys. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Huh, Creighton demolished Villanova today. 2H lead hit 21 before Kenpom time brought the final margin down to 16.

1 Like

Gonzaga cruised to a win at BYU then crushed San Francisco, also on the road. So if anyone is selling Gonzaga stock to buy Baylor stock I will take it

1 Like

I don’t know whether Baylor or Gonzaga is better right now, KenPom says near identical. I do feel strongly, however, that Baylor is a far worse matchup for Michigan.

5 Likes

I wonder if it would make sense for Loyola Chicago to join the Big East conference. Only Villanova and maybe Creighton are better than them in basketball.

And the Big East currently has 11 teams.

I’m not sure that Loyola would be a team the Big East would be interested in. They’re Jesuit so they fit the religious aspect that most schools in the conference have. But making the tournament in 2018 was the first time they made it since 1985, and only their 6th appearance overall. Even if they make it this year as a relatively high seed, most of the success will be attributed to Porter Moser and not Loyola. Basically IMO Moser is the draw here, now Loyola.

Adding Loyola also doesn’t really move the needle TV market wise, since you already have DePaul who is in Chicago. Granted DePaul isn’t any good and doesn’t move the needle either, but Loyola doesn’t add anything there.

Butler and Creighton were the last two teams to make the jump from mid-major to the Big East, but they were both added in the early 2010’s after spending the entirety of the 2000’s establishing themselves as consistent mid-major powerhouses year in and year out. You’d need Loyola to do a lot more over the next 10 years-ish to cement themselves as a team worth exploring in conference realignment.

I do think 11 teams could actually work well for the Big East (go to 20 conference games and you can do a full round robin), but I do think in general a 12th team is likely. Personally I think Cinci would be be the best add for the Big East, considering their basketball success and history in the Big East, but that won’t happen with football. If the Big East wants to add another school, I think VCU is the best potential add (good team with recent success and a new market in Virginia). If not them Richmond is a potential add, or you could maybe go Rhode Island to add to the New England rivalry/feel with UConn and Providence.

2 Likes

Josh Christopher out vs Oregon State tonight. He may just want to opt out of season at this point. ASU not going anywhere.

What about people who have already recovered from the virus? Will they be tested too?

Again following CDC guidelines, the NCAA will only test people who are more than 90 days removed since their first known date of infection.

Not sure that’s great for his brand.

I agree Baylor has butt kickers and plays in a tough league. I am not saying Gonzaga is soft but I’d rather see what happens to them when they go up against a physical b1g team and test their toughness.

You can’t deny that Zags has played a tough non-conference schedule. They dominated P5 schools with ease. I would say WVU and UVA plays a tough physical team.

1 Like

They did it will just have been awhile since they’ve seen a team like that.