College Basketball Open Discussion

Jay Huff is a poor man’s Jon Teske!

What is that stat?

My point in work ethic has more to do with how much he’s worked to get to this point. I don’t think it’s a vague concept at all he’s not a Zion Williamson a naturally gifted athlete he has had to get to this point. He was a POY last year I don’t see why he wouldn’t be this year.

You guys, we did it! We have a top-25 without UK, KU, UNC, and Duke! To the statmobiles!!

5 Likes

You can add MSU, IU and UCLA to that as well.

3 Likes

(sniff) it’s all… so beautiful.

2 Likes

Michigan also #3 in the Coaches Poll.

• #3 Michigan (↑ 1)
  • #5 Ohio State (↑ 4)
  • #6 Illinois (↑ 7)
  • #16 Iowa (↓ 8)
  • #21 Wisconsin (↓ 1)
  • #25 Purdue (↑ 2)
  • Honorable Mention: Rutgers (#28), Minnesota (#35), Toledo (#44)
3 Likes

Also, a hearty welcome to our F4 rivals, the Ramblers of Loyola Chicago, on their entry into the top 25, coming in at #23 in both the AP and Coaches polls.

5 Likes

Which is actually underranked when compared to kenpom (14).

long pause ahoy for Baylor:

1 Like

This is their second pause now, correct?

1 Like

Yes, in December. Not sure how many games that affected but this is a five-gamer…going to be tough to reschedule

At a quick glance I see two missed games (home vs. Texas and Tartleton State [who?]) and obviously the Gonzaga game was shelved. Plus they missed their initial home game with WVU when the Mountaineers were paused.

Anyway, Baylor now looking at having to make up six league games.

“May Madness” won’t ever happen, but it’s sounding better as the season limps on.

3 Likes

I agree, I still don’t understand why the NCAA is operating under their own manufactured time crunch. Just push it back!

4 Likes

KenPom got those postponed Baylor games off their team page lickety-split.

It’s going to really suck when a handful of final four-caliber teams have to go on pause mid-NCAA tournament and forfeit games

4 Likes

I was just thinking about this. This sure looks like it’s going to be a disaster.

It’s always uncomfortable when a player is anointed miles ahead of time and then proceeds, with their team, to merrily head in a Southerly direction.

1 Like

You could have given me a lot of guesses and I’m not sure I would have picked Purdue as the team in the top-25 with the most historical wins.

1 Like