College Basketball Open Discussion

Ha yeah, I was being a little facetious, but also the Zags have farted around in the first halves of several games before kicking it into high gear. This is a Pacific team that they nearly doubled up (95-49) just two weeks ago (that was not one of those games).

David DeJulius with 26 points in Cincinnati’s first game in 3 weeks. His previous career high: 20 points in 2020’s regular season finale.

8 Likes

Alabama getting run right out of the gym by Mizzou.

2 Likes

I’m always unimpressed watching SEC basketball.

Bama is good…but maybe not 10-0 in the conference good. Rough half so far.

Herb Jones fouls really cost 'em. The issue to me is that the SEC just isn’t great… Tennessee is the next best KenPom team and they’ve really struggled over the last few weeks.

2 Likes

Apropos of this conversation about color commentary: I think there’s space for innovation. Gus Johnson seemed like he might have something to say when he arrived. A guy like Jim Jackson, who I’m not a huge fan of generally, sounded blissfully low-key when I listened to PSU-MD for a while last night.

I don’t think you’re ever going to get super-interesting commentary about the game that guys like me crave, about the surrounding culture and tensions, because these guys are promoters. (Before NBA games there’s sometimes a tiny bit of this.) But they COULD open up the game for people. I’ve had to bone up in soccer because the commentary is sometimes fairly technical. A certain amount of laziness inheres, but (Dakich sometimes hints at the possibilities), hosts could give us much more serious primers about the defenses and offenses we’re likely to see employed in a game, then point out how what transpires on the floor is jiving with their set-up comments. Tony Romo expands the game for people with his comments. . . and without being an egomaniac/making it about him.

I think that, as often, audiences get underestimated. Deeper appreciation fuels fandom.

1 Like

Yeah Arkansas is #26 on KP and Torvik (3rd best KP team, 4th on Torvik) and they haven’t beaten a top 50 team to either metric. It’s just a mediocre league at best.

Bama 7-29 on two’s.

Toledo gacking at home versus Ball St. Down 7 with 3 minutes left.

yeah but we played both! Toledo takes a hit and Ball St gets a bump

2 Likes

Alabama’s going to pull this out. What a choke job.

Bama lost.

Bama was 13-41 on 2s, 9-25 on 3s, and 12-21 on FTs and somehow had two shots to take the lead in the final 30 seconds.

Neither Tennessee nor Kentucky can score the basketball…first to 50 wins today?

Providence getting blown out by St. Johns at home. Likely puts an end to any chance they had at a late season run at a bid like they had last year

Just looked and saw that the Johnnies are now on a six-game winning streak with upcoming games at Butler and home versus Xavier and DePaul. Decent chance to push that to nine.

1 Like

Why is the camera at OkSt on a satellite in space?

4 Likes

Fran Fraschilla just said that Montverde will have more players drafted this year than any college program.

1 Like