College Basketball Open Discussion

UCF… probably as bad as we thought.

1 Like

Maybe even worse? That win over FSU is more and more confounding by the day.

He seems to really enjoy ripping on guys and certainly is righteous about his opinions.
I don’t recall if he was still with the program at the time but I get the feeling he was (or would’ve been) totally okay with how Neil Reid was treated by Bobby Knight.

1 Like

I’d agree with this. A little bit ago, I was watching a recording of B1G in 60. It was the Michigan/Purdue game from the '16-'17 season and Dakich was a definitely a few notches down from the Dakich of yesterday.

Boeheim aside, I’d like to see Girard in the Tournament.

They’ve missed Bourama Sidibe all season.

Alan Griffin is no Elijah Hughes. In fact, he’s a walking, talking turnover.

Montana is really struggling this season, and I think we can all agree it is due to the offseason early departure from the program by Timmy Falls.

2 Likes

Michigan stays at #7 in the AP Poll. Iowa moves up one to #4, Wisconsin down one to #10, OSU and Minny up six to #15 and #17, respectively, and Illinois hangs in at #22 after dropping eight spots.

MSU gets three votes, Toledo(!) gets two, Purdue gets one, and Duke is unranked(!), finally.

5 Likes

Surely European football fans complain about idiot announcers just like we do, but I like the English broadcast booth’s ability to use tones to capture moments of poise or drama without actually raising their voices. Someone who was also REALLY good at that once upon a time was Keith Jackson.

1 Like

Does he had a grad-transfer year left? Bring him off the bench with Terrance Williams for havoc.

1 Like

Are the votes public? Which three people voted for MSU??

How many votes did ASU get? Oh…right…they’re 4-6. Just joking.

So weird to have a poll without UK, MSU, UNC. And refreshing.

1 Like

I kind of feel like UK, Duke, UNC being unranked takes some of the luster off the season. Not sure Gonzaga, Baylor, Iowa, Texas and Tennessee near the top of the polls really brings the juice. Maybe it makes people think the tourney will be wide open but I don’t know… I can’t imagine casuals tuning in for a Baylor game like they would when Duke is good.

You can see votes here by team/voter:

1 Like

Some guy from San Jose put MSU #23. Woof.

I hear what you’re saying Dylan, but Villanova is still up there and and I do think Michigan and Texas and decent substitutes.

Politely disagree. I delight in seeing the traditional powers struggle, especially given the amount of corruption and scandal some of their coaches have weathered without consequence.

5 Likes

Kansas is not a top 10 team to me. Or if they are, CBB is way down. I don’t think they’d finish there better than any of the top B1G tier

Hard to tell against Baylor. They are going to make a lot of teams look bad.

1 Like

The world needs Baylor vs. Gonzaga

1 Like

Yeah, I fear any school in Texas that runs a no-middle defense.

Also, sounded like there were lots of fans there which does not surprise me from an unethical school like Baylor.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been on the “Baylor is on Gonzaga’s tier” for a while so it’s not based on just this game. Think they’ve been getting some name recognition benefit of the doubt

Yeah, that doesn’t make any sense to me.

Quincy Guerrier is a lot of fun to watch, 6’7 guy who is averaging a double double.