College Basketball Open Discussion

Kentucky/Miss St going to overtime. Looks like Calipari got ejected earlier in the game. Apparently he’s pulling out all the motivational cliches

1 Like

44 points in the last 2 games on 18-23.
In contrast, DDJ now shooting 36.7 from the field and 17.6 from three on a significant number of attempts.

1 Like

I think that’s more points and shots than he had the entire season up to that point.

It took four years but Jamal Cain is having a nice season for Marquette.

Did Michigan recruit him? I know he’s from the state and 247 lists an offer, but I have no memory of Michigan ever having high interest.

You weren’t on this board, clearly

7 Likes

Not 4 years ago, no. I joined the UMHoops army of champions this offseason and haven’t been able to stomach color commentators since.

I’m gonna guess that’s a yes on the “did we recruit him” thing though? It might just not have made it over to 247.

1 Like

Famously MattD at Mgoblog used to be a poster here and stumped very hard for various in-state prospects (in particularly Jamal Cain). It led to many posting wars when this board was more wild west. Cain was a guy we slow-played but eventually pursued. Cain decided to go to Marquette since they were recruiting him hard the whole time.

7 Likes

Oh dang, ok. This makes sense, I’ve heard tales of Matt from other posters.

I kinda want to experience wild west UMHoops.com now though…

1 Like

Sometimes I long for the Wild West days. Pretty sure there was a legitimate thread that claimed if Jim Harbaugh could just take over the Ricky Doyle/Kam Chatman-era basketball team for a few weeks that all would be right in the program.

5 Likes

Don’t know MattD opinion of Trey McGowans but he seems he would get an instant hard on over the guy

You ever check the old thread about Duncan? That’s a wild one

2 Likes

Some day when I have nothing to do I’ve gotta read through some old threads here for fun. Like during what would’ve been the Wisconsin game tomorrow or something.

That one I’ve seen posted and I read through. Super interesting discussion actually, even if most of it was way off. IIRC the issue that people were mad about was that Duncan ended our chase of Jalen Coleman-Lands.

Lol, this has always been the most tame board I’ve been a regular frequenter at. Even the “wild west” days weren’t much to write home about.

3 Likes

Was a lot more angst here when Michigan went 53-38 over a 2.5 year period.

2 Likes

I can assure you that this angst was on 247 too lol. Praise Derrick Walton and co. for ending that angst in '17.

And, uh, Kam Chatman and his shot I suppose.

1 Like
7 Likes

I never wavered from the stance that Coach Beilein was a genius, and didn’t really comment on what I considered silliness

2 Likes

Haha Is that MattD??

2 Likes