College Basketball Open Discussion

Anothe one I enjoyed from a poster

“Excellent coach, but there could be questions about whether he is a good fit for UCLA. No skeletons in the closet or anything like that, but he seems like an “underdog” coach who gets the most out of non-NBA players, rather than being someone like Pitino, Coach K and Calipari who are capable of molding 5-stars into a team.”

I believe since 2013 um is 4th when it comes to producing nba draft picks.

2 Likes

This is so stupid that it reads like a spoof. Who knew that plan B = Beilein?

1 Like

The reason Beilein’s zone defense is so “confounding” is that it looks every bit like a man-to-man. I’ve apparently been fooled for years.

14 Likes

Who are some realistic candidates for UCLA?

Hoiberg is realistic. If they want to create a buzz, hiring Lavar would do it. He’d be an interesting recruiter.

1 Like

There are so many factors to it. Are they willing to pay? Because they haven’t in the past. Will they do charters like everyone else in the country? What are they looking for?

The perception is that it’s a great job but it’s not. Expectations are so high with limited resources (compared to others).

Pulled out the win tonight, but Villanova is not very good, in my opinion. They really, really struggle to generate offense inside the arc and their ball screen defense was leaky tonight. Had to roll out a zone against Depaul.

If you’re throwing out those names what about Izzo? Is Bobby Knight busy? Yeesh

What if they got crazy and found a Bruin…imagine Kareem or an O’Bannon on the sideline!

I would love to see Bill Walton get the job

2 Likes

Just to get him off the broadcast?

5 Likes

Dan Dakich’s list for UCLA is even better: Calipari, Kerr, Pitino, Izzo, Donovan

For the love of all things holy, this!!!

1 Like

No, I would love to see him coach. He’d be bigger than Harbaugh

Bol Bol has had enough of college hoops, it appears.

1 Like

Count me as not impressed. I wouldn’t use a lottery pick on him

1 Like

Looks raw.

Huh? Dude is gold.

Down goes Nevada!

Nevada leaves the ranks of the unbeaten losing 85-58 to 8-6 New Mexico.

And it wasn’t even close, 85-58 to New Mexico.