College Basketball Open Discussion

I look at a guy like Aron Baynes and think that Mitch is more talented than him but similar. The drive to stick in the league just didn’t seem to be there. Maybe the back-issues came into play too.

1 Like

Are we sure about that, you look back at that KU team and they weren’t really that talented when you look at nba production.

I was hoping he would be healthy enough to play that game. IIRC, there were some rumblings at that time that he might return.

Talent wise sure. But not as a college basketball team. That Louisville team was easily the best in the country and Russ Smith may have been the best player in college and was a senior. Pitino is a fantastic coach.

Me either. I watched the first half of the Louisville game last week after watching all the games leading up to it. But I couldn’t watch the 2nd half.

1 Like

Forgot that Morgan was in foul trouble this game. Picked up his 3rd 30 seconds into the second half and now we’re playing Bielfeldt against Julius Randle… We probably would’ve won this if Morgan didn’t pick up a bogus blocking foul at the end of the 1st half.

1 Like

That entire season from start to finish I felt that Michigan was the most talented team in the country. I remember being super bitter that they got a 4 seed after they stumbled so badly down the stretch cuz I thought it would bite them. Glad they proved it at the right time

2 Likes

I felt that foul coming the second he checked back into the game at the end of the half. Knew it.

I think I’m starting to agree with you guys. This hurts to watch. Watching a 32% 3pt shooting team go 7/11 on the game and 3/3 in the final 4 minutes. Gross.

2 Likes

Freaking Harrison twins. Forgot the big shots GR3 hit down the stretch. Two huge 3’s and a nice driving layup to even give us a chance at the end.

4 Likes

That game was lost in the last few minutes of the first half and the first few minutes of the second half

Watching this now. Gosh I remember a lot about this game now! Was a frustrating six minute stretch after the first two mintues! Hard to imagine with five NBA players on the court, and Caris off the bench! JMO wasn’t even the first big off the bench! Horford!

Yeah I’m super bored so I decided to go back to the beginning of the season and gonna go through most the relevant games. Starting at Pittsburgh at the NIT tip off :slight_smile:

I wasn’t referring to nba production. Kansas prolly had the best defensive frontcourt in the nation. Mclemore was a beast. Their guards were no slouch.

If the argument is the nba, then sure.

1 Like

And they were a team full of seniors that were really good college players, with a couple of freshman in McLemore and Ellis.

Kind of a different era in that it was an experienced college team that had grown up together and had some really nice pieces.

1 Like

I didn’t see the replay the other night, but my recollection of that Kansas game in 2013 was that Elijah Johnson was a disaster down the stretch in regulation at point guard for the Jayhawks. Is my memory faulty?

It appears the virus has saved the jobs of a lot of head coaches.

2 Likes

I agree but Arizona was scary too. They throttled us with Mitch if I recall. Too bad Miller never comes through.

You’re definitely misremembering a throttling. Michigan lost by 2 after being up by 9 at halftime. Frustrating loss for sure, but not throttling. That was a really good Arizona team (I believe they were #1 when we played them). Also I think he was talking about the 2012-13 team and you’re talking 2013-14. Michigan started slow that year before they really found their footing.

2 Likes

Yeah that Arizona game was actually where the team really showed what it was going to become later on.