College basketball corruption charges

Wasn’t presenting it as such. I think Bowen Sr (the guy who openly admits that he was selling his son to the highest bidder) wanting Jr to go to MSU does not make them look innocent, lol.

1 Like

Gotcha, I misunderstood.

More info

2 Likes

Alabama, Arizona, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Mississippi State, Oregon, USC and Xavier are implicated in this. Is this the first we’ve seen of Kentucky on one of these lists? Probably nothing that can actually be used (No proof that players had knowledge), but still interesting.

2 Likes

Given how in depth the trial went on Self, I’d be shocked if Kansas wasn’t also threatened.

2 Likes
2 Likes

it doesn’t seem to have any big impact as people expected

1 Like

It’s almost like being implicated in the probe helped the teams on the recruiting trail. Just wait until next year and the year after that. Poorer but crooked schools will need to try to level the recruiting playing field by giving the illusion that their own NCAA violations are more egregious than they actually are. Rule following programs are going to need to drop anonymous tips (against themselves) everytime they give one of their players a sandwich. Even these tactics won’t be enough. How else will the little-but-crooked schools and ethical schools find ways to compete? At this rate, ten years from now, the otherwise ethical schools might need to pass out hundred dollar bills to their players, on live tv, if they hope to have any chance to compete with the likes of Arizona and Louisville on the recruiting trail.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s almost like they get more respect for going all out to land a kid.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This whole take is kind of silly… if there is no NCAA investigation currently going on it is pretty easy to sell it as nothing. Right now, there isn’t any sort of official NCAA investigation at anywhere other than Louisville, right?

I think we don’t know yet? FBI only gave the NCAA the go ahead to investigate like 3 weeks ago

But what other evidence does NCAA need? FBI has everything that NCAA will never be able to get. Are they going to interview FBI agents? LOL. The only thing coming out of this is that NCAA is a totally pathetic organization, except that the world already know that when they cleared Michigan State for covering Nassar’s horrific crime .

2 Likes

Man....@espn needs to be congratulated...look at all the sheep they've managed to convince in this thread. Well done boys!

— Lauren Joffe (@thespinzone) November 23, 2018

It’s incredible how predictable and depressing fanbases (and people) are. It’s always only fans of program X who know THE REAL TRUTH!

Everyone else, sheep! LOL. Like it isn’t patently obvious to everyone not currently bearing down that Sean Miller is as crooked as a $3 bill. From Paterno to this nonsense, only the people who spend all their time obsessively trying to bend reality to somehow, some way make what is obviously true not true - only those people have the real scoop!

De-pressing. I guess enjoy your choking a** program that melts down in a puddle of Miller flop sweat every March.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed that it takes the FBI and outsiders to hold the NCAA accountable for the actions of their members. I expect so much more from the educational institutions that are part of the NCAA. It makes every member guilty by association!

Only the NCAA isn’t being held accountable. I’m still in Believe It When I See It mode.

3 Likes
1 Like