College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

I wished it happened when I played baseball in HS. More scholarships for baseball is good but also would be much tougher to recruit against the southern schools obviously.

My one gripe with this is I hope it doesnā€™t lead to a bunch of mid-major players transferring up that are good contributors and then ride the bench as a 14th man on a upper level P5 team.

Basically I hope it doesnā€™t dilute mid-major hoops lol. Play big minutes somewhere instead of average 2mpg cashing checks on Bama

1 Like

I think I. The player empowerment era thatā€™s unlikely given that schools do t always even use the 13th scholarship. I suspect you will mostly see it used for rewarding a walk-on or maybe taking a flyer on a developmental guy.

1 Like

This.

Characterā€™s

1 Like

The roster limits are more likely to prevent this relative to the current NIL world. In football, big programs (like Michigan) can put players entirely on NIL and use scholarships to boost the roster size well beyond 85 scholarships and have ā€˜mid majorā€™ quality players in place of walk on spots that were more commonly low major. The same would happen in basketball in my opinion, if your top 5 guys are making $500k+ a year in NIL, why not pay tuition and housing that way making the starters walk-ons and then have 13 more scholarships to give out to mid major players with no limit on roster size. The overall roster size limit does the same thing scholarship limits used to do before NIL.

https://x.com/RossDellenger/status/1816943560282767379

this is fascinating if it holds up(doubtful imo), if your basketball school like iu do you just say screw football and dump like 15mil in rev share in basketball

1 Like

Yeah, but Mark Pope! Yay 6-seed BYU R64 exit!

https://x.com/jeffborzello/status/1816943550224879925?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

B4A and Pittā€¦ the rest are all buy-games :face_vomiting:

https://x.com/wvuhoops/status/1818308804678656229?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

Sad that Georgetown is a buy game. Poor Ed Cooley.

1 Like

Heā€™s anything but poor!

3 Likes

Louisville playing at 7 tonight:

1 Like

Chucky
Edwards
Traore
Pryor
Scott

Weā€™re starters. Khani seems to be in actual rotation. Pryor looks awesome

1 Like

Greg MF Gard baby

2 Likes

Chucky :chart_with_downwards_trend::bangbang:

(At this point heā€™s somewhere near the inner core)

1 Like

I hope Louisville paid Chucky a lot of money

1 Like

Full Louisville box.

Bahamas team played a ton of zone/matchup zone when I was watching which I think led to some of the crazy assist/3PA numbers.

Khani started like 1-8 and then hit some shots after I turned it off it looks like.

Traore is going to be super fun for them. Love his motor/passing/athleticism as Michigan fans will remember. He just canā€™t shoot.

1 Like

look heā€™s not named Efficientshoty Hepburn

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Ten Roster Movement & Offseason Discussion 2023

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2024 - PG - Christian Anderson (Texas Tech Commit)