College Basketball 2024-25 Offseason Discussion

https://x.com/undercoverfriar/status/1811413776467435992?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

1 Like

IMG_7984

1 Like

This is pretty typical of Nebraska iirc.

Soooo what does Georgetown issue mean lol

1 Like

Does this mean Bart is finally going to upgrade his web server so doing anything on his site doesnā€™t require waiting 15-30 seconds between clicks?!

Do his pages load super slowly generally? Like going through the rankings and teams and stuff?

Yes, everything on his site loads painfully slow for me, regardless of device or Internet connection.

Every click is an exercise in Zen-like patience.

Interesting. I think most of the ā€œslownessā€ Iā€™ve ever had on his site is with some of the filterable stuff, charting stuff, etc. which is a product of loading too much data at once to manipulate in your browser.

More of a limit of whatever computer you are on that probably creates the issue, but the issue is more of a code issue.

I donā€™t usually have any issues with the main pages though.

I definitely understand the filtering stuff taking some time. But just clicking on a team from the main page or a coach/player from a team page takes way longer than I would ever expect.

I can understand my phone getting overwhelmed but my work computer is beefy, although that could also be throttled on connection speed.

Anyway, I digress.

Interesting, Iā€™m not sure because I mostly use KenPom for everything (unless Iā€™m doing some weird filtering thing or whatever).

It just always feels like any issues I have with the site come while interacting with the browser (once the site is loaded) not the server. But who knows.

Either way, I canā€™t imagine improving his website performance will have anything to do with sending a list of his rankings to the NCAA each day :rofl:

1 Like

If itā€™s getting more exposure now as an official part of the team sheet/selection process, I would think heā€™ll see an uptick in traffic? But maybe Iā€™m thinking too much like a sicko. :joy_cat:

Are you on dial up???

2 Likes

Welcome! Youā€™ve got mail!

Fileā€™s done!

2 Likes

Are people banging down the doors to look up the latest KPI rankings? :rofl: I donā€™t know if being on the team sheet brings that sort of clout!

Even the damn team sheets are on like a NCAA SharePoint drive.

1 Like

lol I hope not! And that in no way is influenced by Kevin Pauga being a part of the MSU athletic department. :wink: :joy:

WAB?

Characters/

wins above bubble.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Criminally underrated flick!

1 Like

I think itā€™s a Cardi B song

4 Likes