College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Reading that is sad… along multiple axes that speak well of noone involved…

Without trying to parse blame or point fingers, the entire situation sounds absolutely absurd

A “graduate student” taking undergrad classes the only purpose of which is to keep a twenty five year old eligible to make a little bit of NIL

2 Likes

The thing with Perez is that there was always a situation – good, bad or absurd.

Definitely sad that he basically went through all of this for a year and a half to throw it all away, but also not surprising at all.

1 Like

Punctuation is a lost art…

Injury for St John’s. He’ll likely miss the Michigan game

Nice player. Would be a big loss, probably a fringe starter/6th man on that roster.

Probably start with Dingle, Jenkins, Alleyne, Ledlum, Soriano.

2/3 minutes probably some sort of committee that includes Luis and Taylor too.

1 Like

Very curious how MBB will break down these “45 days”

https://x.com/marchmadnessmbb/status/1709675177003381075?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

This might be Katz magnum opus. Insane list top to bottom. Right up there with Geo Baker top 10 in the country

3 Likes

did wisconsin get a second player named tyler wahl or something?

I don’t even know how to react to that list…I mean…Tyler Wahl is a PF if he’s anything and not a very good one. So being in the top-6 of a national list of SF’s is really something. He also is apparently super high on Coen Carr as a top-10 (!!!) national player. Maybe Carr is going to be good, but is he even going to play much SF or unseat Jaden Akins, Malik Hall, and Booker for enough minutes to show it?

Didn’t Wahl shoot like 12% last year?

For his career he’s 24% from 3 on 135 attempts and is absolutely nothing other than a 4. I have no idea what Katz was smoking when he made that list but it’s one of the worst ever created.

1 Like

Posted that in another thread. Juwan is in flat out trouble. Izzo already told Jason Richardson that Coen might be the most athletic guard/forward he’s had. I believe it.

Grad transfers now must follow the portal windows.

How does that make sense for grad transfers? What if a kid doesn’t know if he will graduate during that window of time? What if a kid needs to take summer classes to graduate? Are kids just going to need to prematurely enter the portal before knowing if they will graduate?

1 Like

The NCAA just can’t manage to move the date to even the day after March Madness/season concludes. They must include ineptitude in every decision.

2 Likes

OTOH, it doesn’t make a ton of sense for 80% of the country to have to wait a month after their season ends to enter the portal.

1 Like

Starting after selection Sunday and having a shorter window is crazy to me. The kids playing in the tournament will actually have shorter than a 45 day window by the time their seasons are done. And coaches have more important things to do like trying to win a title versus scouring the transfer portal in the middle of the tournament.

You can still transfer as a graduate transfer before you’ve graduated. So, if you are going to graduate in the summer, you have to make the call during the transfer window.