College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

and there will be extra motivation to do it for the next two weeks, eh

well, the restraining order will allow it for 2 weeks

but if the case succeeds it will be forever-ever

Dug should portal to Kansas to beat Indiana then portal back to Michigan to beat Florida

2 Likes

but if you’re a player thinking about it you should do it right f***ing now, right?

It isn’t about transferring right now. It is about being eligible to play right now.

Think RaQuan Battle.

Guys who are already at schools.

https://x.com/wintersportslaw/status/1735012121258189052?s=46&t=xsoD7F1QL4iGG_8kXTdpkw

I honestly didn’t fully understand until now. This is more than just dumb, this is friggin hilarious.

Congrats to all the coaches that made an equally dumb error as Juwan did with Caleb Love but now don’t have to live with the consequences. Love that for them.

6 Likes

I hope Michigan gets Battle so we can finally be the winners when a Temporary Restraining Order is in discussion.

Battle is already at WVU! These guys are all at schools, they just aren’t allowed to play.

Adam Miller at ASU, Moussa Cisse at Ole Miss, people like that.

It all started with Tez Walker’s legal challenge and now people have realized that they can just make up their own rules and sue the NCAA and they are good to go.

1 Like

But with the TRO could Dug transfer at semester and suit up immediately for Maryland?

I don’t think so because that’s not even a waiver situation right? It’s just against the rules to transfer mid-year and play. I can’t remember a waiver ever being granted or not granted to enforce that.

Anything could happen, but at this point, it feels unlikely that people would try that and risk throwing out half a season.

at the same time it’s just against the rules to transfer twice without sitting, pending waiver. and now there is no rule. seems like any ncaa player based rule is up for legal challenge if you have a good enough sob story

1 Like

me sowing (football season): hahaha, yes!!!

1 Like

This all just continues a sad state of affairs.

Huge news for my Ole Miss future though.

https://x.com/goodmanhoops/status/1735021317827494140?s=46&t=xsoD7F1QL4iGG_8kXTdpkw

1 Like

No rules is better than any rules at this point, if you let schools go pay for play these kids will be tied to deals and unable to transfer without financial penalty

Feels like no rules is where we are and that’s the worst. There’s no sport where every player is theoretically a FA every year. There has to be something holding them where they are for some semblance of organization and continuity

Get them rev sharing and get them contracts.

5 Likes

Useful list:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1735019144293052829

Yeah, this is bad for the sport. It’s basically like a professional sport signing every player to one year deals and then that player can seek a new contract from the highest bidder every offseason if they want. If allowed to continue with zero rules, they’ll need to start treating them like employees with contracts and revenue sharing.