College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

*On a 2-way contract. And he hasn’t played for the Jazz yet this season. I didn’t think he was that awful with the Rockets, at least on that roster. But, now it seems like he’s fighting for his NBA life.

Somewhat related, it looks like Isaiah Todd is completely out of the league.

St. John’s plays Dayton at 2 p.m. for all the degenerates out there.

4 Likes

I’d say if you are a member of this blog you pretty much qualify.

4 Likes

I’ve got a lot of photo-editing to do, so having the game on in the background sounds good.

1 Like

Yeah, but he played 80 games of NBA ball the past 2 seasons. I think that Houston was just a bad situation for tons of guys for a number of reasons (no system, no coaching, and 10,000 guys aged 21 or younger to sift through). It won’t shock me if some guys that they cut loose (which to be fair, they had to - they can’t roster all these players) turn into real NBA guys. Not saying Christopher is one, but he could be.

turns on North Texas/LSU

I don’t know what you’re talking about

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Alarm set.

So at this point I’ve seen more St Johns basketball than any team, including Michigan. They are a pretty gross team. We should get some credit for making them play a decent looking game

2 Likes

IIRC his whole game from Dylan’s highlight reel was, like, drives w multiple spin moves and beasting even smaller Ivy 4’s. Was not super exciting and that FT% was a big No Thank U.

Re: up transfers, per my Very Serious Plot, they had to take like a 7-8 point hit in usage to stay at the same TS%. That’s a pretty huge dip and means almost everybody is going to have to scale way down if they want anything approaching a useful player. But the guys w massive usage and 50+% TS are probably good takes for most HM teams unless they’re absolutely abominable on D.

2 Likes

St. John’s viewing experience right now :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I didn’t wind up watching.

#14 Arkansas pooping the bed against UNC Greensboro tonight. Down 73-63 with 2 mins to go.

Another team coming to the Bahamas off a terrible loss.

1 Like

Both teams were on island time tonight

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1726044044885737486

11 Likes

Hey look, Jabri Abdur-Rahim finally gets over 20 mpg now (same team giving board favorite RJ Melendez 20+ mpg too)

If it wasn’t for Bike Mite this team could be a board fave

Update: Devin Carter is good

1 Like

10 Likes

The Providence/UGA game was fun - I’m a little surprised Providence wasn’t more highly regarded coming into the year - English seems like a good coach and you can do worse than build a team around year three of the Carter/Hopkins partnership

Their earlier game against KSU was fun too

After watching two games in this tournament and remembering our times at the B4A I need one of the internet stat nerds to quantify the effect of a hotel ballroom on three point shooting

1 Like

Louisville :eyes: