College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1724857606223568976

1 Like

Hunter looks to be in much better shape this season. Last season he carried a few pounds around the mid section. He had a great game last night, but he was playing against a 6’8” guy who’s not normally playing the 5. When UK fronted him, there were several turnovers and near turnovers on entry passes over the top. I’ll withhold judgment until Hunter goes up against bigger, quality bigs. Hard to evaluate UK. They are really young, took 37 threes and ultimately died by the three. Reeves just tries to get his one on one, and was something like 3-16? Yes, it’s Kentucky, but a Kentucky that has a lot of issues on D.

Elderly lady sees me wearing a Michigan hat, walks up and says “is that Michigan?” I tell her it is a she gives me two big thumbs up and a smile and walks away

A very wholesome moment

12 Likes

The point is how many of those are there in CBB though? You may be withholding judgment for awhile.

1 Like

This is true forever and ever imo. Vastly superior coach.

1 Like

https://x.com/realpitino/status/1724846519092646381?s=46&t=aDh8NkT4I1bGjqImv_NXRw Irrational hatred of this man

The key to making Hunter struggle defensively is more about your guards than your bigs though. A shooting big helps for sure though.

Yup, that’s my point. Make the bigs work on defense and expose them by making him move in the perimeter. However, college rules made it easier for bigs with not much mobility to defend. NBA, they’ll get exposed big time which is why Hunter will never be a 1st round pick.

Howard has a law school and a med school. Towns should probably pursue a career in orthopedic surgery; he certainly is owed some life experience credit…

Everyone wins, glad it worked out.

Yea, Hunter is light in the butt/ legs for a guy his size. Find a tough big body to lean on him and wear his legs out and then attack relentlessly when his legs go Gumby in the two man game.

His offense always suffered after. That’s how I remember it.

Light Butt Energy doesn’t have the same ring to it.

4 Likes

St. John’s D looking legit. Offense, not so much.

Michigan hangover confirmed

Playing North Texas will simulate a hangover on most days.

3 Likes

In the world of facing a team that will muck things up, would be beneficial (but annoying) to play TTU on day 3 of B4A.

Yeah, North Texas’ coach is in his third game, but here’s Grant McCasland (now TTU) who was the current coach’s boss for a decade:

1 Like

Not sure I’d ever call that beneficial for anyone :rofl: It would definitely be a miserable game and an awful prep, but it isn’t like Big Ten teams are running around playing no middle.

They are physical and slow, but still not really a Big Ten vibe IMO.

St. John’s… maybe not a great team!

1 Like

They’re not great but think they’ll be around the Q1 edge all year

1 Like

I’d give them time. They’ve got enough talent they should be just fine once they figure it out.