College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Yeah, it’s definitely a team. It just feels like an upgraded BYU-type roster rather than maybe like what I expect from a Kentucky roster.

5 Likes

So far so good

5 Likes

30 minutes of Kerr Kriisa should be outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

Where’s all this Kerr Krissa stuff coming from? Wasn’t he the PG on some elite Arizona teams? :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ll tell you when you’re older.

https://x.com/tiptonedits/status/1791157434481885187?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

It is possible to recruit a 12th or 13th guy, you just might need to get a low usage player from Rice who missed the whole season

you’re not wrong but I also think Scheyer is just mid

2 Likes

They’ve had a really stinky portal class imo

Hard to get a great portal class with the freshman they have coming in.

I’d say Zion James and Mason Gillis are pretty nice pieces, Brown too I guess. The thing with them is they have so few guards and so many PF types. I would not have gone after Brown if I were them, but seems like they’re protecting for the possibility Ngongba or Maluach going through some growing pains so Brown may be a guy they like next to Flagg at PF/C

3 Likes

they’re awesome in the 6’6" - 6’9" range but I don’t really trust their guards or 5s

3 Likes

Yeah Sion was a good add, but all the others are very mid for a school like Duke. Feels like Mason Gillis was the right type of add, but they could’ve gotten better? Idk it’s Duke we’re talking about. Settling for Gillis, Brown, and Sheffield seems weak sauce.

Can’t relate.

8 Likes

I guess I don’t see how it’s settling, they’re a top 5 team probably? It’s gonna be Proctor/Foster/Flagg’s team, and they had to add guys around that. I probably would have gotten another ball handler instead of Gillis though.

Feels like we think basically everybody has a mid roster. So which are the absolutely top 2 or 3 rosters in the country then?

Kansas, Duke, Houston, Gonzaga, Iowa State. Alabama if Sears is back. If Karaban is back and you’re buying that their staff has developmental magic that goes way beyond everyone else then you could add UConn. Those are probably the candidates

3 Likes

my preszn top 10 is

1. UConn
  2. Houston
  3. Gonzaga
  4. Iowa State
  5. Kansas
  6. North Carolina
  7. Creighton
  8. Alabama
  9. Duke
  10. UCLA

Sion James is a crazy good add for Duke. The Brown/Gillis thing is more … meh, but in the end the whole thing depends on how good Flagg is (and Proctor becoming more like what everyone expected).

3 Likes

Xavier is in my top 5 :eyes:

Michigan’s in my top 2 and they ain’t 2

4 Likes

He started 30mpg on teams that won the Pac 12. He’s not a terrible player by any means.