College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

also, theoretically his job could bump up against compliance stuff right? Like he can’t talk about any high school basketball players now. I don’t think he can talk about any players in the transfer portal either?

4 Likes

Yeah, he definitely can’t mention by name any unsigned recruits or transfers on air now.

The game plan was working, but it was the other team that was unexpectedly shooting well!

Well, since Covid there are a lot of jobs that are virtual/remote. Maybe Doug plans to be the first basketball coach to work from home full time so he can record his radio show and then coach via Zoom.

it has a very Herm Edwards smell

4 Likes

https://x.com/mattnorlander/status/1790452755544379464?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

The AD doesn’t even know how long his show is

https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/1790453471478460917

5 Likes

this is bad, these comments are bad. I don’t find this funny. this Moon guy is going to torpedo a D1 athletic dept

1 Like

This is called the Bob Shoop.

2 Likes

Does this Josh Moon idiot think that Gottlieb just shows up for his radio gig one minute before it starts and then goes home the second it’s over? It’s a full-time job! Holy crap.

2 Likes

honestly it’s not impossible that this is exactly what he does

2 Likes

He better hire one heck of a good group of assistants, because they’re going to be doing some heavy lifting during the middle of the season when instead of putting together game plans and conducting gameday walkthroughs, Gottlieb is sitting in a coat closet in the midst of a rant about LeBron James’s legacy.

1 Like

Like, is Gottlieb going to be watching the same amount of basketball across the NCAA every night in order to properly give his takes on a daily basis? There really aren’t enough hours in the day to make this work without cutting some huge corners. Which employer is going to accept that?

1 Like

This dingdong!

resize

Trust me, I’m fully on the same page here. Not trying to defend this line of thinking, just explain the only way I can imagine justifying it

1 Like

What if he turns his radio show into like an Inside Wisconsin - Green Bay Basketball kind of thing. But with National reach! Have his players do ads. Interview recruits on the show.

Have you heard his takes?

1 Like

That might be the case.

even if it’s literally the case it’s 3 hours during the workday, every day

2 Likes

this feels like a decision made by someone who thinks every single thing is in need of “disruption” and that all “disruption” is good or at least value-neutral. “no one else has thought to do this before! it must be because they’re sheep, not because it’s a terrible decision”

5 Likes