College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Does that mean he’s a yay points player? :rofl:

6 Likes

I mean he dragged a poverty and embarrassing Wisconsin program to the tournament, which is very impressive imo

3 Likes

Dan Dakich may have rubbed off a little too much on Spike. It’s a little harsh to call a kid out of socials, even though there may be some truth to it.

I’m not saying I’d tweet it but being at 7 schools in 7 years is crazy is all I’m saying.

12 Likes

Spike cleaned up his Twitter likes, but before that you could definitely say Dan Dakich rubbed off on him…

4 Likes

He’s on that chance westry and Dior Johnson kick :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t think that argument really stands up that much. Storr was clearly at a few programs that he was getting plenty of exposure. And grad transfer when your coach says you don’t have a scholarship is a little different than playing at a different school every year of your undergrad. I’m not saying I blame him. You gotta get the money you can get. I’m just saying I think they are slightly different scenarios.

3 Likes

Can somebody explain what’s going on with the Hurley brothers? On the one hand Danny runs relatively complex stuff, recruits high character kids from good families, and wins at a high level. Then on the other hand Bobby seems to be the ultimate “roll the ball out there coach”, team is always disorganized, keeps recruiting the selfish kids who play for 7 schools in 7 years, and doesn’t win anything. Its weird. You’d think Danny would help his brother out. I guess the one thing they have in common is their often irrational, unhinged behavior towards refs.

https://twitter.com/ILLBoardRoom/status/1781332350015553785

2 Likes

Spike didn’t transfer HS technically. He graduated then did a prep year, but could not have played at his HS anymore.

Also was not medically cleared to play at UM right? or something like that IIRC. either way he and Beilein shook hands and decided it was best to part after 4 years. Not like he got more PT at Purdue than he was getting at UM. And he looked so bad at Purdue that year too

4 Likes

yeah, it’s not exactly a 1:1 thing here. illinois fans do seem to have a longstanding rivalry with numbers though

15 Likes

Why tf is an Illinois fan defending Storr??

Storr has burned them twice now!!

5 Likes

Illini fans are crazy. No other reason to be carrying the water for AJ Storr like that.

3 Likes

Yeah very weird behavior to be stanning for the dude who spurned you when everyone thought he was destined to be an Illini

2 Likes

they’re being nice so he’ll come there next year. this time it’ll work!

2 Likes

Still waiting on funding for that one

https://twitter.com/colintj/status/1777538471780909365?s=46&t=pI3vfmsWTFNvkSEe6OFpuA

10 Likes

clever way around the filter

5 Likes

it’s topical!

1 Like

pretty cool: FAU hires former Baylor center Isaiah Austin as assistant coach - ESPN

4 Likes

https://x.com/4thecycle1/status/1781180508082167991?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw