College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

I think it is more just because of there being a lot of places Michigan fans already go.

And there was a crossover with Assembly Call that led to a ton of IU fans joining when they were convinced Bruce Pearl was coming.

3 Likes

i no longer think hes goodman, definitely out east though. I could see andrew slater

3 Likes

I like Slater, but again his tone is way different. And Slater is working for an NBA team, he wouldn’t be online on a discord for 12 hours per day.

2 Likes

He (Trilly) must have a cushy remote job.

Provo, Spain?

1 Like

He works in basketball in some way. I think related to prep ball

1 Like

Was hoping his identity would be revealed after Mitch Barnhart accidentally hired him instead of Billy

1 Like

This is big time

https://x.com/seanpaulcbb/status/1778841690679431223?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

Rick’s just doing improv here but it’s hysterical and is still nuts

In an interview with ESPN Lexington, Pitino even offered to cut Pope a check if he needs NIL help, which has to be the first time a coach has offered to do that for another coach. “I can assure you, if they need the NIL money, I’ll write the check.”

St. John’s AD is busy wiping the coffee off his iPhone screen

“Hi, Rick? Uh…don’t, uh, don’t do that.”

6 Likes

Great, ringing endorsement of Mark Pope. Makes me think Arkansas hired the wrong guy :slight_smile:

This may be totally wrong, but I tend to think that it’s really possible Pope does better that Calipari from this point forward? Most coaches at a bare level of competence can succeed given the resources brought to bear there. Maybe in the NIL
days that’s not the case, but there really aren’t many places with a bigger carte-blanche

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2024-25 Big Ten Roster Discussion

I think that Pope is better than what most give him credit for, and has a more than 50% chance to do better than Cal. Yes, Pop is overpaid but they overpay Stoops too.

Pat Kelsey world tour

https://x.com/louisvillembb/status/1779211868550119527?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

I thiiiiink it’s going to be interesting in that the boosters will be footing the entire bill now? Are they gonna tell him which players they’re handing him too? In the very least he’s gonna be doing a very different job when it comes to evaluating and acquiring talent.

I don’t really know how it worked at BYU or how it will work at UK but when these bag teams fail—Indiana, notably—it seems like they assemble these inexplicable teams that you could imagine was at the direction of rich dudes that don’t know ball.

1 Like

IU is the only Big Ten team in the top 10 there and Rutgers, surprisingly, is the next … not sure it tells us much?

Pope may well turn out to be awesome, but I do get that Hoke hiring vibe from all this, in the way the hire is having to be sold to the fans. I was almost waiting for Pitino to say “All that glitters is not gold.”

I assume that Pope is more invested in X and O than Hoke who is more of a GM and a position coach.

https://x.com/tristanuda/status/1779613193670660549?s=46&t=OMxEAgg62bsLI0mWenDZ7w

Ok this is pretty cool

14 Likes