College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Their coaching search meltdown is truly insane.

2 Likes

Least competent AD in the country?

He got Brohm to finally come home, but on the basketball side it’s been a complete clown show.

1 Like

This is some world class coping

3 Likes

Schertz is out on Louisville because Dusty told him UL fans sent him death threats supposedly

2 Likes

Had like 5 years to figure out how to get that one right

Speaking of Schertz, he’s moving on to the NIT semis after defeating Cincinnati. ISU will play the winner of VCU/Utah.

In other NIT news, OSU rallied from a 13-point 2nd half deficit to take a 6-point lead over Mike White’s UGA squad with under 5:00 to go, only to blow it and ultimately miss multiple game-winning 3s.

Today doesn’t suck.

8 Likes

I was told this would no longer happen under Jakey Diebly

9 Likes

dunno why I’m reading through weeks-old posts but somehow this link delivered at least as much as it probably did when you posted it

Don’t know why a place like Cameron Indoor (is there a Cameron Outdoor?) is considered a cathedral and Calihan Hall is considered a dump. Calihan is a great old school gym. I’m sure their other facilities are lacking compared to Duke and that may be a problem. Don’t know what Saadi’s other options would be. But if he could get UDM back to some semblance of competitiveness he might become a hot name for a better job.

1 Like

https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1772966586795675756?s=46&t=9MMrM6gOVy1pXVWIuEkHnw

2 Likes

…not the worst idea?

It’s charming when it’s a good program but it’s a dump when it’s a bad program! I don’t make the rule. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

He’s not wrong. Fit is important. Just as Dusty May saw Michigan’s culture and atmosphere as a great fit, I see Bob Higgins and Louisville as a great fit.

3 Likes

Louisville is really a fantastic example of how bad things could have gone in the “Dusty May says no” scenario.

Obviously the names and drama would be different, but there was really no clear course of action for either team if they missed IMO.

14 Likes

Always nice when you get your first choice.

Trilliam reporting Richard Pitino has rejected Louisville’s offer and will return to UNM #ouch

5 Likes

It would’ve gotten rocky, but I don’t think our fans would be DM-img multiple coaching candidates death messages and have as much anger as Louisville fans :rofl:

1 Like

but why??? kelsey is option 2 according to UL guys

I know just the guy for Louisville:

12 Likes