College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Stevens briefly went up the tunnel to get looked at, it’s a huge issue I suspect. Think he came into the game with it bc he just looked off the whole game. Guy scored 20 and 18 in previous 2 games vs UNM.

Clifford has been invisible, I think he gets a lot of his stuff off residual action?

Strong I think is just bad. 22% from 3 on the year. They’re really one of those teams that just doesn’t have a good 5th starter.

1 Like

I would like to begin The Discourse that Niko Medved is a Covid merchant

1 Like

You guys are just chipping away at kturnup’s soul with every post

Looking at their roster just had the realization that Stevens is their entire NIL budget.

1 Like

Houston losing 2 key rotation guys to season ending injuries and J’Wan Roberts goes down today with a shin injury is some absolutely terrible luck. Feels like they always have injury issues every season

1 Like

Roddy and Stevens were both 366 rated recruits in their classes. John Tonje was totally unrated. Two of their starters this year were D2 transfers.

If the guy actually has a plan to go scout and land top 150 guys once he gets to a legit high major, think you have to feel pretty good about Medved.

He really needs that plan tho.

2 Likes

Yea his talent evaluation chops look very good which is such a premium skillset going forward. Roddy was gonna play football, Stevens under recruited, both end up as pros after going mountain west is kinda wild, and surrounds them with multiple former d2 starters on both tournament teams

1 Like

Yeah the thing about CSU is when you see them play some of the other good MWC teams they look outmanned. So ding on Medved for talent acquisition skills, plus on eval and getting the most out of the guys he does have.

Would need to know their NIL budget vs others in conference. But like colin said they probably spent it all on Stevens

1 Like

I just can’t believe the guy is in year 6 in the Mountain West, has built a roster that looks outmanned against half the league talent-wise and somehow the spin is positive on him for that :rofl:

1 Like

Catching up on this thread this morning and holy shit the opening round NCAA Tournament game for Colorado State is going to be a blood bath here.

I find it hilarious that Niko Medved, who seems like the least polarizing guy ever, is so polarizing.

6 Likes

Then you have Richard Pitino who has better athletes at New Mexico than he did at Minnesota.

1 Like

Because he sucks

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coaching Hotboard Volume 1: Candidate Tiers

Uhh, Vermont has better athletes than we do. Legit superior athletes.

Just saw 3 different guys who could really jump. Kind of surprised.

https://twitter.com/JasonCas25/status/1768856648532054399?t=ZdgwsF0p8BTEhV14QxI18A&s=19

1 Like

Kino Lilly cooking Xaivian Lee

Do we know anything about why he’s aiming so low at a decent program?

Outside of whoever is playing Illinois, Wisconsin and MSU, who should I root for in the tournament. I’ll probably check out Kentucky for their guards. And Tominaga of course. Any one else I should hitch my fandom to?

Your favorite coaching candidate

1 Like

Dawn Staley?

But yeah I should check out South Florida and Providence to see what they’re about.

1 Like