College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

I was so hopeful this dude’s first name was Red. Such a missed opportunity.

These Baylor guards are crazy.

Their defense is sloppy though.

RayJ Dennis is a bucket, not a stop.

I think I’m porting that from football? Or maybe it’s my invention? I dk. It’s pretty vibes-based bc while I know some scheme + value of a shot stuff, it’s hard for me to understand what a D is trying to do and what the correct counter should be without watching very intently. But it’s pretty much whether it’s my impression that they can generate good looks?

Like, I kept seeing a lot of stagnation, not a lot of movement, a lot of late clock ISO. Florida was switching a lot I think and that’s not an uncommon problem if you don’t see it a lot. UF’s D isn’t very good so being stymied by them not a great sign. At one point I saw them try to go into some flow and they triggered basket cuts from both sides of the court on accident.

I dk, this is way more words than “vibes, babyyyy”

https://twitter.com/JaredBerson/status/1764021245320794300

2 Likes

I know Hunter has had a solid year and doesn’t even seem to be the drama magnet he was last year…but pretty shocking to see what has happened to them this year. Mostly injuries and depth, but certainly not the year Hunter or Self expected.

or “robber”!

Kentucky is really locking down defensively… Every time I start feeling good about them they put an ugly performance together.

Really tough .

Dennis, Love, Reeves, Pullin all rubbing salt in the wounds

1 Like

Their defense stinks, but they are special on offense.

Arkansas also playing one of their better games all year.

It would be a good comeback even if it doesn’t look like it on paper based off of Arkansas being ready to play and talented despite the bad record in my book.

I might take Dillingham as my first college player in this draft.

Kentucky has quite a lot of backcourt talent.

3 Likes

If you squint really, really hard you can almost see a glimmer of hope if they keep Juwan based on the idea that if he actually could get all the transfers he wants thru academic hurdles - we could be something. (Shannon, Reeves, Love + Nkamhoua, Brown, Smith, Burnett, Jones, etc).

Now…the problem is that his list of failures on that front is longer than anyone in America and it doesn’t appear UM plans to relax those obstacles nor is it apparent Juwan will learn from those experiences

The problem is now that instead of needing one guy to get over the hump we need an entire team. And now we have less NIL support than ever. There’s not really even any reason to think we will get a player to come that’s as good as any of those guys. If Juwan is coaching next years team will be legendarily bad

2 Likes

Barring a surprisingly positive turn of events, I think you’re right. I was just trying to portray the one sliver of positivity I could think of.

It is a shame we can’t fix admissions enough to compete in a level playing field.

Admissions is a canard. Michigan maybe can’t be in the blue blood silliness stratosphere but the number of kids we have access to if we simply decided to do the work and build a real program makes 95% of programs jealous.

4 Likes

Wake Forest following up their awesome win over Duke with losses to ND and Va Tech. Yikes :frowning:

Look at the Fightin’ Bennetts trying to get to 50 points. An awe inspiring effort!

2 Likes

Another sub-50 point performance! You have to love it.

1 Like

Yeah I mean there is slow pace and there is bad offense and outside of Reece Beekman, tbis is the latter

They can’t compete against quality opposition

1 Like