College Basketball 2023-24 Discussion

Wake went up 14 spots in the NET last night per Rothstein. That’s insane. 40->26.

The big issue with the NET is that we don’t know how much separation is between spots.

Seems to me that there’s pretty clearly some tweaking in the offseason with the NET each year. I’d say that they really need to figure out how to deal with the buy-game hacking that some leagues are doing.

I don’t think cap on efficiency margin is the right term but other formulas don’t seem to be impacted this much by a 40 point beat down.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NathalieABC17/status/1760139351277678652

:sob:

2 Likes

The Hurleys have always struck me as way aggro

There’s obviously a ton of shooting variance going on in that UConn/Creighton game but keeping Karaban and Spencer to 5 total three point attempts is a good trick

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FloridaBBHour/status/1760373658889982456

Pullin Hive (I think that might be just be me) let’s go!

1 Like

imagine if we’d only gotten him, TSJ, and love, and also nkamhoua hadn’t gotten hurt and if kobe and hunter had stayed? natty?? :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

4 Likes

I can’t think of a better offensive guy to just toss next to good offensive players than Cam Spencer

That acquisition was like upgrading the hood ornament in your Rolls Royce

1 Like

What if RJ Davis was so mad at Caleb that he applied to Michigan out of spite to show him up?

2 Likes

Counterpoint. If Isaiah Barnes was on the roster we are a tournament team.

There’s an alternate reality where the Michigan bball starting 5 this year is:

Frankie Collins
Jalen Warley
Harrison Ingram
Taylor Currie
Efton Reid

Taylor Currie is a wild name pull. It appears he’s playing pro ball in Bulgaria now

If he never reclassed and used his Covid year :eyes::eyes:

I am dying at the audacity to even joke that Taylor Currie would be starting anywhere in D1 basketball

I never saw D1 hoop material in Currie when I watched Clarkson. He’s just tall.

1 Like

I was very happy when he was basically swapped out for Castleton in that recruiting class

4 Likes

Cole Bajema 6th man?

and yet greg gard scooped him up so fast :rofl:

Michigan → Wisconsin → Mott Community College → University of Akron → "Harding University → Bulgaria, apparently

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you reclass I guess :man_shrugging:

Probably would’ve been a sure-fire lotto pick if he hadn’t

Maybe Bennett will sign on for the Martelli role.

Combine Juwan and Tony and we got something