College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I was also assuming it’d be more like decommiting like what Love does. or being released from an NLI. idk exactly how it works

1 Like

My complete guess is that if you sign paperwork then you are locked in, pending some kind of waiver, but if you’re just verbally committed then you’re still “in” the portal.

I guess he didn’t like wheat threshing that much after all.

1 Like

The Creighton sources were right

1 Like

Not going to be overly confident until Trey posts, but as a CU alum I’m pumped.

Yeah…coming back to join a team that’s over the scholarship limit? And two transfers coming to share minutes? Meanwhile we have 3 open scholarships and several more reserved for “projects”.

I doubt there’s any formal paperwork signed yet since classes haven’t started and I don’t think grads sign NLI. If they wanted out, they could leave. Might have to exit an NIL deal I guess.

Feels like another clear sign that the tshiebwe nil dollars were vastly overstated like hunters. No chance hes leaving if he was making the reported 2mil/yr.

5 Likes

it’s all bogus in both directions. $13m for some low 4-star QB was bogus and Hunter making $70k was bogus.

Hunter said that fully aware that it would torpedo Juwan. Regardless of what Phil likes to say about “never seeing a closer relationship between player and coach” or whatever.

6 Likes

Need someone to explain to me how FAU is a top five team.

They’ll be a fun mid major and very good, but top five?!?!?!

3 Likes

Prob similar to 2020 Dayton. Will be more than likely undefeated or close to undefeated all year.

1 Like

The classic case of getting overhyped because you made it further than expected, like UNC

5 Likes

Yeah, playing a MM schedule will help, but if they lose to Memphis they are viewed entirely differently.

Always amazes me how poorly people who cover college basketball understand the sport they cover :rofl:

4 Likes

To be fair, Woj is the one that tweeted that :rofl:

1 Like

But plenty of other people are ranking them top 5, top 10, etc.

1 Like

This. It’s all just rumors. The 13mil thing for the QB recruit was where I decided to draw the line.

Top 10ish seems fair to me. they were probably a top 20 team and return everyone so a bump to top 10 to start out makes sense. Top 5 should be KU, Duke UConn, MSU and someone else.

Either way, I assume their schedule won’t be too tough (relatively speaking) so it will be hard to have a massive fall from grace (like an overrated UNC this year).

It’s fun to have good mid-majors, just think that this one is getting out of control a bit.

3 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes