College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I mean, I sort of agree with you. The problem is, typically the positive examples have a head coach with a ton of experience to fall back on. I’d say the jury is kinda out on Coach Howard at this point.

Realistically, I think the odds are about 50/50 whether the program crashes and burns over the next 12 months or we come out on the other end looking alright. And I’d say the odds of the former are going up by the day.

3 roster spots open and it’s basically June is entering yikes territory…

1 Like

not sure any other “big name” program is experiencing lack of NIL and making it impossible to get guys admitted. Seems like everything is stacked up against Michigan with no real path of making it better any time soon. In addition the guy we have been “leading” for months has taken 3 visits in the last 2 days when we were told Michigan or Pro.

4 Likes

I’m sure they can open it for you.

4 Likes

as my wife says, whatevs

2 Likes

Not sure what you said has anything to do with what @michbolts said. All he said was is not always great re: entering a fan transfer portal. not that we are expecting an imminent turnaround.

i remember when jeff goodman was trying to pseudo make fun of juwan because love had no other good options supposedly, clearly far from the truth

3 Likes

Super cool! Really excited to see him thrive in Tucson while we struggle to put competent guards/scorers on the court! :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

At least he isn’t going to Illinois though.

6 Likes

I guess U of A has poor academic requirements.

2 Likes

and the two transfer portal commits we have (been committed coming up on 2 months) haven’t even been officially announced by the program lol.

2 Likes

Zona and the other finalists this time around were not after him the first time around.

I was also vocal here that there wasn’t serious competition for Caleb when Michigan beat out Missouri, and I guess in hindsight we were wrong about big schools’ interest, but the market definitely changed as portal options disappeared and he re-entered.

3 Likes

I mean this is for fun and entertainment nobody is making anybody follow the team. So like, if you don’t want to, nobody’s got a gun here, at least not one that works over the internet.

3 Likes

It was a joke lol.

2 Likes

I have two guns. My powerful biceps

In fact I am headed to the gym right now. I’m going to curl Ernie’s entire body

4 Likes

Love to Arizona.

2 Likes

Does Michigan play Arizona this year? Or potentially have to play them in one of the early season tournaments?

Don’t think so but they play Duke which means we get another Caleb Love vs. Duke game which is fun

1 Like

Michigan State does

2 Likes

That is fun lol! I truly hope he has a great year. I know it wasn’t his fault and he wanted to be at Michigan, and I respect that.

3 Likes
1 Like

Wow I feel like that one is pretty surprising. Assumed he was staying at this point. What ACC school is he talking about?