College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Kevin Willard in shambles now that there’s a way cooler place to play HM basketball in the DC area

6 Likes

Well I dunno about that. If you care about the venue, Xfinity is infinitely better than playing in a mostly empty Verizon Center. Gtown games are LAME.

1 Like

Cooley > Willard, IMO.

2 Likes

Mutombo, Alonzo Mourning and Roy Hibbert.

More who I had in mind:

5 Likes

Cooley seems very loyal, bet he brings almost all his providence staff

1 Like

I think that the lameness of the Verizon Center being the fault of the Verizon Center or the team is a chicken or the egg question

1 Like

Who? (sorry, had to…)

5 Likes

Which team gets custody of Qudus Wahab next year?

3 Likes

I feel like they’re kind of a Spider-man pointing meme

Cooley has more recruiting juice no doubt though

Well, besides the whole jumping in-conference and Vince Marrowing his way to raises

dont really think either of those have to do with loyalty to staff, look at rrod who was similar and the crew he brought to aa

Decent point - his three assistants have been there for 6, 8, and 11 of his 11 seasons at PC.

1 Like

yeah and i remember when reading how pc boards how cooley was overly loyal to his staff

I thought he might get a look at GT but they obviously went way bigger

2 Likes

Is that former Detroit Piston Kim English?

3 Likes

Yeah.

Why is he so hot a candidate for stuff? He has 2 years of experience as a HC (trajectory is “correct”, but still).

Dunno. Not seeing it likely that they’re gonna put 20k fans in the building.

Feel like Ewing/Alonzo/Mutumbo/Iverson era would have.

Curious what they drew with the Green/Hibbert teams

1 Like

If you’re gonna get back to the historic peak of the program maybe, but that’s quite the task. Small school, mostly grad programs, not a massive alumni base, etc. etc. Even if you do, it’s very hard to imagine that being a cooler place to play than Xfinity. Maryland fans do a heck of a job. It’s an exciting crowd to play in front of.

1 Like