College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Boutros, for a guy who claims to not know what a stacker is you seem to be popping up with a lot of info about gold. Just how many Krugerrands do you have buried in the back yard?

3 Likes

Trying to throw off the scent just in time for the meltdown. You are a true pro

2 Likes

this guy cattoor looks like heā€™s going to be waiting for DDJ in the parking lot. he is ANNOYED

1 Like

cincinnati gets such a weird amount of offensive rebounds for a team that doesnā€™t seem to be selling out for them. it makes me v jeal

VT is a very bad rebounding team so probably has more to do with that

1 Like

oh. that doesnā€™t make me jealous. i am in fact deeply familiar with that experience

1 Like

Actually they arenā€™t terrible I was looking at the wrong number. But they are worse than us at it for sure

Cinci is a very old team. Sneaky pick to win the NIT

1 Like

I think Davidā€™s thighs are too muscular too allow him to run?

In other MWC news New Mexico is losing by 13 at halftime to Utah Valley

4 Likes

there is someone near the mics in the Oregon/uci game who is yelling a lot of full sentences

I like NW but Boise might be able to take them.

I have no faith in the rest of the conference though

1 Like

Credit to them using a Beastie Boys track for the background music.

1 Like

That was quickā€¦ something heā€™s good at

5 Likes

Heyyyyy-oh!! :drum:

About 15 seconds after the game was over?

1 Like

The only thing quicker than Pitino is Boutrosā€™s edits

8 Likes

What do we think of Jamie Dixonā€™s career? Not many coaches have made me vacillate between ā€œa pooā€ and ā€œpretty good?ā€. He took over a humming Pitt program from Ben Howland, and kept it there for awhile. It definitely started to decline on his watch, but was still a consistent tournament participant when he left.

His TCU time seems relatively historically good for the school, but just sort of mediocre generally? Obviously this is a good team this year, but I think Miles is also something different than heā€™s had there overall.

My only recollection of TCU basketball is that they were awful right before Dixon got there - as in averaging two wins per season in conference for four years awful, so as a coach heā€™s turned them around into a decent program. Heā€™s only had three seasons out of 20 where his team had less than 20 wins so as a coach I would imagine him as ā€œsolidā€.

Personally, I admire any coach who goes back to their alma mater when the program is down to try to get them back to respectability. (I donā€™t know of all the details about the recent accusation of ā€œmisconduct and racially sensitive remarksā€ leveled at him by a former player so I am not going to speculate on that; it could change oneā€™s perception of him.)

2 Likes