College Basketball 2021-22 Open Discussion

Well if alumni in this case means graduates, Michigan has a 30% higher graduation rate than ASU, so that helps.

3 Likes

Five-Star gonna Five-Star

5 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see this guy on the court.

Heā€™s been described as a dog, a freakish athlete, and even the funniest guy on the team. His teammates seem to love him on and off the court.

I think itā€™s expected that heā€™ll be an impact player defensively; I have a feeling we might be pleasantly surprised at his offense too.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Not sure where to put this, but we had Tim McCormick on as a guest on our show this week. Did about a half an hour with him specifically talking Michigan and he had a lot of interesting insights from seeing practices, including a comment that ā€œHunter Dickinson told me Iā€™m going pro after this seasonā€. His part starts around the 15 minute mark (but for any Pistons fans out there, if you want to hear our Killian Hayes thoughts donā€™t skip the first section :rofl:)

Also on Spotify and Apple if you search the Sleepers Podcast.

10 Likes

Not to mention that Collin Gillespie was Novaā€™s backup choice after Eli spurned them.

Great podcast! I really enjoyed it!

1 Like
2 Likes

Some rumblings landers nolley has been kicked off Memphisā€™ roster, would be an expected start for that roster

3 Likes

Where are these rumors coming from? Being kicked off the team is a pretty drastic step. Nolley is a high volume and good shooter, so losing him wouldnā€™t be great and would really shrink the court for Emoni as the only other decent shooter on volume is Quinones.

1 Like

Memphis boards and nolley has always had a lot drama around him( like most of Memphisā€™ roster)

Seems like something happened maybe? but nothing concrete about him leaving the team. I would guess cooler heads prevail

Iā€™ll leave it to others to debate Pomeroyā€™s proposal, but I did think it was interesting that this will be the most experienced year of college basketball and imagining if weā€™ll see an uptick in quality.

https://kenpom.com/blog/make-5-year-eligibility-permanent/

Interestingā€¦ I think the scholarships for seniors and cost would prevent this from ever being permanent but it should help quality of play, I agree with that.

Should be a tough test early on ā€¦ Everyone loved him at Syracuse except for Boeheim.

3 Likes

Boeheimā€™s take on Richmondā€¦ Not salty at all

5 Likes

Brendan writeā€™s Illinoisā€™ feature in The Program but Michigan got Austin Meek who may or may not know anything about basketball but is definitely not an inspiring writer. Yay.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I canceled my membership after it renewed a bit ago in preparation for big disappointment with the changes. If it ends up surprising me then I can always renew, but I didnā€™t want to risk another year on accident when I donā€™t expect to enjoy it much.

1 Like

You can tell by Austin Meekā€™s Twitter following that the fan base hasnā€™t taken to him. ANYONE that covers Michigan Athletics that has any sort of talent has an abundance of followers. Meek has Steve Deace levels of followers when he was at S.I.

I am pretty disappointed that he is getting more Hoops duties. Colton Pouncey was hired at the same time for MSUā€™s football coverage, and he is the FAR superior talent. We got the worst end of that deal.

1 Like

I went to cancel my subscription after my six-months-for-$6 promotion ended and they offered me another 12 months for $21.95 ā€“ I figured what the heck for under $2/month. I wouldnā€™t pay the normal $7/month or whatever it is so if they donā€™t offer me another promotion Iā€™ll be done.

4 Likes