Cleveland Cavaliers hire John Beilein

The Cavs?!? Seriously?!?! The 19-63 Cleveland Cavaliers!?!? I just don’t understand. My brain is literally incapable of understanding.

brb going to hit my head against the wall for a while

2 Likes

Maybe he thinks LeBron still plays for Cleveland.

1 Like

Maybe JB is going to assemble an all star team of Michigan only early entries into the draft. Everybody is going to be there–even McGary. It’s going to be awesome guys. Just wait. It’s all part of Beilein’s master plan.

4 Likes

82 games a year will be good for his health. And there’s nothing like Cleveland in November.

4 Likes

Funny how back in LeBron 1.0 era, Izzo turned down a crap ton of money to coach them. Now we lose Beilein to a trainwreck of a franchise currently. Just unreal…

4 Likes

He loves a rebuilding job.

4 Likes

Interesting, he is going to lose a lot in Cleveland.

Yaklich might be a good head coach someday, but I’d prefer to let him trial run at some other school.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s just my selfish feelings right now.

I am crushed.

1 Like

We should be able to do more established and safer (and presumably better) than Yaklich or Jordan—the former not having been a Division I head coach, and the latter still unproven. Given where the program is, we should be looking to poach at the top.

2 Likes

I would really like to see Juwan

1 Like

Need a fucking podcast already!!

3 Likes

I am stunned. I had no idea, I assumed that we would have coach B for many more years. That being said, I truly hope he is successful with the Cav’s and this move brings him and his family happiness, he deserves it. With Beilein leaving and Doris Day passing at 97, this is a sad day for me.

1 Like

Yes, we should, but who are we going to get now? Not a good time to get a new coach away from another school.

Unfortunately, what will probably happen is, they will name Yaklich as “interim”, and then after a year they’ll make it permanent, because all the players will like him too much, and they will make a decision based on sentimentality.

I honestly thought the extension was the end of it and that Coach Beilein would finish his career here. I never imagined we’d be hit with something like this.

12 Likes

Yes, this is NOT the news I was expecting.

2 Likes

Ohio State did it a couple years ago and turned out real nice for them

1 Like

They cannot do the interim thing here. They need to recruit the 5 open scholarships effectively or this program is going to be set back years

1 Like

I don’t know why people are assuming that Yak would be the interim coach here. We needed an interim coach a year ago and Saddi was the choice.

2 Likes