Classic Michigan Games, Highlights, Clips, Interviews

It’s a bummer that we didn’t get home crowds for the 2021 season. feels like it’s been a few years since we’ve had a raucous game at Crisler

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Mini-doc on Cazzie:

I really wish that hi-def had been invented 40-50 years earlier.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/Eoo7ut6vMxk (NSFW)

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Michigan vs. Navy, 1987 NCAA Tournament. The Admiral goes for 50 but it doesn’t matter:

2 Likes

It’s still just about impossible to believe that Mich just pretty much walked away from being the school that united Chuck D and Ice Cube.

2 Likes

that wisconsin game. incredible.

was just thinking this. we had the coolest team in the history of college basketball!!

1 Like
1 Like

I was at the Los Angeles tournament games. they were my birthday presents

GR360 vs Minnesota: Glenn Robinson III 360 Dunk Michigan vs. Minnesota 1/17/13 - YouTube

I had to click to the exact right time in this video (1:18:14, the video should jump there if you click this link), but I also loved the alley-oop from Stauskas to GR3 against MSU: 2014-2-23 Michigan vs. Michigan St. - YouTube

the thing I miss most about GR3 was being able to anticipate when an oop was coming. I’d see a little space open and GR3 start to move from the 3-point line and I would say aloud “there he goes” or something. I know there are more important things in the game than just pure athleticism, but god, those were satisfying.

3 Likes

Arguably Webber’s best game:

27 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks. But no dunks. It’s interesting that even though only Jamal Mashburn became an NBA star from that Kentucky squad (Tony Delk had an okay career) but they were a 6.5 point favorite. They’d steamrolled their way to the Final Four, winning by 20+ in each of their first four tourney games.

3 Likes

thought more about this and i think it’s that i didn’t even realize that GR3 was elite at what he did at the time. i thought he was just super athletic and that lent itself to being able to finish alley-oops like that, and i assumed, like, aubrey dawkins, who could also really jump, would be able to do the same. would love to see another possession-finisher like GR3 at michigan someday

1 Like

This is the 2009 game, I was talking about the game where Tractor Traylor went off

1 Like

My bad. Didn’t watch just linked quickly. I’ll look a bit more.

1 Like

Here is one of my favorite forgotten games:

2009 - last game of the regular season, the bracketologists were saying Michigan needed this road win at Minnesota to make it into the tourney (and likely 1 BTT win). Michigan was down ~10 points midway through the second half and made an inspiring comeback to win in the final seconds. I believe Lucas-Perry hit a series of huge shots.
After crushing Iowa in the BTT, Michigan made their first tourney appearance in 11 years

7 Likes