Classic Michigan Games, Highlights, Clips, Interviews

I was inspired by the “favorite players” thread and thought this would be a good place to share videos from YouTube and whatever other sources that might be out there. Hopefully, there might be some hidden gems.

Since I just saw a comment about Antoine Joubert, I did a search for him on YouTube and came across the final game of the '85-'86 regular season. We apparently put a beat down on Bobby Knight’s Hoosiers, to win the Big Ten Championship.

15 Likes

this is the best Michigan Basketball highlight package of all time

13 Likes

Make sure to add a NSFW tag.

3 Likes

I watch it a lot. it jacks me up

3 Likes

Crisler was LOUD!!!

you starting this thread is the first thing to get me to put down my nintendo switch in three hours, as i had to grab my computer to do this right.

Stu Douglass Dunk - I can remember where I was sitting, and I jumped out of my chair when this happened

Manny Harris Dunk vs Duke - how many guys have we really had called “slashers” since Manny?

I always remembered Brian from MGoBlog pointing out in the late 2000s that there was apparently a “U of M Wikipedia Editing Club” that changed all the basketball pictures on Wikipedia to photos of Mich games. It just took me about five minutes of searching, but I was able to find an old revision of the 3-point shot page showing their work. This counts, right?

Tried to find the video of Graham Brown screening Alando Tucker into next week, but couldn’t find it, so this will have to do.

4 Likes

Webber vs. OSU in the '92 Elite 8:

6 Likes

2013 tournament run

8 Likes

Some 2014 classics

7 Likes

2017 and 2018 BTT championships

4 Likes

Mo Wagner forgets Nick Ward has a family

7 Likes

2013 highlighter rivalry wins

3 Likes

2011 tournament classics

Also 2011, Darius Morris politely requests that MSU remove themselves from his floor

5 Likes

For Juwans tenure a few of my favorites, I’ll link highlights later:

2021 tourney game against LSU (that LSU team was legit but they gave us their best shot in the first half and we just ate it)

2022 tourney game against Tennessee

2019/20 game against Gonzaga. That was an epic beatdown.

2021 Wisconsin destruction

And on top of that, any of the MSU wins in Juwans tenure. 4 of them total but I had the most fun with 2021 (Hunter getting in Izzo’s head) and 2019/20 (didn’t expect the W there but we out worked them big time)

3 Likes

From the overlooked era. 1998 BTT Championship game

5 Likes

Legendary NIT championship during the dark years

6 Likes

One game I wish I could find is the UNC game at Crisler from 2018. Michigan just locked them up in the second half, I remember Crisler being so loud you could barely hear the whistle.

Also, I still cannot watch that 2013 National Championship game.

2 Likes

If anyone can find the 1997 Duke game on the same day Woodson win the Heisman, that would be great

2 Likes

The apex performance of the championship run: with a trip to the Final 4 at stake, Glen Rice and the legend Sean ‘I won’t shoot it ‘til I catch it, Coach’ Higgins go OFF on UVA. This is the predecessor and analog to the Florida ‘13 game.

7 Likes

WIN.
THE.
GAME.

(More characters, because the site doesn’t like the above grammar)

1 Like