Caris LeVert out for the year

Same foot he hurt last year, will require surgery. Don't expect Beilein to make excuses, though he'd have every right to.

— Chris Balas (@Balas_Wolverine) January 18, 2015

Just hate how its always our guy that “has to go pro”. Bet you wont see Valentine or Trice go pro for MSU this year. They’ll hang around to put a nice team on the floor next year for State.

Just hate how its always our guy that "has to go pro". Bet you wont see Valentine or Trice go pro for MSU this year. They'll hang around to put a nice team on the floor next year for State.

Well, Valentine and Trice aren’t really NBA prospects.

Just hate how its always our guy that "has to go pro". Bet you wont see Valentine or Trice go pro for MSU this year. They'll hang around to put a nice team on the floor next year for State.

I beg to differ, I think (in fact I know) Trice will be departing MSU.

In any event, we have to stop complaining with the “but what about X school, they keep all of their players, it’s just not fair”…simply have to improve recruiting so that departures don’t negatively impact the team to the extent they have this year.

The current structure of early entry makes it nearly obligatory to recruit on a top 25 level every year in order to be competitive annually. We may not like it, but that is the current landscape of college basketball and we have to adjust accordingly.

I figured a thread about Caris’ foot injury would turn into a “we need to recruit better” thread pretty quickly…

I figured a thread about Caris' foot injury would turn into a "we need to recruit better" thread pretty quickly...

Much the same I figured a Caris injury would turn into a “why can’t poor Johnny B catch a break, other teams retain players, why can’t we?” thread pretty quickly

Seems to me that part of the reason we have so many guys leave early is that JB is so good at finding under the radar guys. guys that might not have had realistic NBA expectations so they grab the chance when they are projected to get drafted and leave early rather than taking the chance of spending another year in college and coming back to earth

I figured a thread about Caris' foot injury would turn into a "we need to recruit better" thread pretty quickly...

Much the same I figured a Caris injury would turn into a “why can’t poor Johnny B catch a break, other teams retain players, why can’t we?” thread pretty quickly

haha I must have missed that quote when I read through…I didn’t see too much of the whining