Caleb Swanigan is now a 2015 recruit

the problem is, he has no film to show Caleb where these other big name coaches have archives of it.

Simple: show him clips of Coach BA with the Globetrotters. If that doesn’t get a kid hype, I don’t know what will. But seriously, you obviously raise a good point. You just have to be straight-forward and honest, which is Beilein’s forte, and hope a kid takes a “gamble” (even though I don’t see it as a gamble). I know we’ve gotten players like GRIII, Hardaway, etc. post touches with certain action and I’m sure Beilein knows how to get 5’s the ball and if he had a guy down there who always made the right decision, that guy would get featured. If I’m not mistaken, the PPP on post touches is generally less than what Michigan gets normally, so really it would be up to the big man to prove that more post touches (being “showcased”) would be better for the team.

The other point I’d make to a kid like Swanigan is that it will be very hard to double him in the low block when we have shooters on the perimeter. I’d also point out how much high ball screening the NBA does, that Beilein will allow him to put the ball on the floor if he can show that ability (his end to end drive in a highlight video really reminded me of Mitch barreling down court).

Mitch came to play with his friend first and foremost. Novaks prompting didn’t hurt either, it was a scenario that isn’t often gonna repeat itself often. Traditional back to the basket bigs are always going to be difficult to attract for JB. Zimmerman was never coming here, that was pie in the sky.

Mitch came to play with his friend first and foremost. Novaks prompting didn't hurt either, it was a scenario that isn't often gonna repeat itself often. Traditional back to the basket bigs are always going to be difficult to attract for JB. Zimmerman was never coming here, that was pie in the sky.

He came though. I didn’t say Zimmerman was coming here.
Mitch didn’t just come because of GR3.

Swanigan added an offer from Kansas last night.

Swanigan added an offer from Kansas last night.

Might throw a wrench in MSU’s plans. They don’t win alot of battles with bluebloods (who does?). Though Jayhawks have Alexander coming in (is he a one-and-done?).