Caleb Houstan to remain in NBA Draft

1 Like

Live by the 5-star, die by the 5-star.

Good for Caleb!

10 Likes

well ok then

Blah . Adding more for 10

3 Likes

You guys know if Emoni Bates is still available?

/s

1 Like

Yeah, Dot reported this earlier today…somewhere else,:wink: So it doesn’t come as a surprise, nor should it come as a surprise to any of us. Onward. Go Blue! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Good luck Caleb.
At the risk of coming off like a salty fan…
IMO there’s no other way to look at his time at Michigan other than disappointing. Hopefully in the future guys like Caleb will just go straight to the G-League instead of wasting everyone’s time in college. If his performance this past year at Michigan didn’t effect his draft stock then what are we doing here?

2 Likes

Yeah when he hit those huge threes against Colorado State I sure thought to myself “what a waste of time”. Cmon he was very good for us just don’t understand the trend to hate on the man

23 Likes

At least you assessed the risk

14 Likes

Man. Juwans got some work to do if they want to have any semblance of depth this season. Unless the incoming freshman are world beaters. Have to get back in the portal I think

3 Likes

Caleb’s draft stock did go down. Just not as much as you apparently wanted it to drop.

7 Likes

Well, that’s why I support college basketball and not pro basketball!

4 Likes

Hot take: Freshman Jett is more ready for the college game than freshman Caleb was. We’ll be ok.

20 Likes

I wish Caleb and Moussa the best, thanks for your contributions to a ‘Sweet Sixteen’ year. Truth be told we are losing more potential than production with both of them. We will very likely replace their production, but all most certainly not their potential. Next man up . . . some will take advantage.

18 Likes

Thanks for your time here, Caleb. He did hit some big shots. Good luck out there.

4 Likes

Congratulations and good luck to Caleb! Will be rooting for you!

6 Likes

Nailed this post, potential is through the roof but would have never been seen at Michigan

2 Likes

I wish him the best!

4 Likes

I’m confused. We knew he was a 1 and done either way. Why should his performance matter? Yes it would have been great for him to come back but we should have always been planning for him to play 1 year and leave. I don’t see why it would have been a better outcome for us if he skipped college altogether.

4 Likes

Great way to put it. Moussa and Houstan had the potential to be beasts for Michigan next year, and it hurts to lose that ability. But, the freshman versions of them are a lot easier to replace.

Hopefully Juwan can pull out another contributor or two out of the portal because we now have to replace 4 of 5 starters and other than Jett I don’t expect the freshman to contribute a ton next year.

2 Likes