Bracketology Open Thread

Losing to terrible teams can come back to haunt teams, too. Good thing for Michigan that their worst loss is a road loss to a not-terrible Ohio State team.

I only think Michigan needs to win 1 of the next 3 games (Iowa, Wisconsin, or 1st game in BTT) to be in.

1 Like

You may be right but I think 2 it’s a no doubt we are in. 1 leaves some questions. Let’s just beat Wisconsin today and fix that!

Sure, I agree.

If we get one regular season win Conference tourney doesn’t matter. We lose out, 2 wins might be needed in Conference tournament to be in safely.

Let’s just win today and leave no doubt. I don’t even want to think about March Madness without Michigan in it.

Spent the first weekend in Ohio last year. It was tough with no Michigan playing.

I agree. I think today is very winnable. Definitely need to start a whole hell of a lot better than vs northwestern. We can win this one. MAAR should have a good game with no rim protector on Wisconsin.

Updated Brackets…First Four is pretty much a consensus right now.

The Lunardi one looks ugly. Butler/Cal and if they ever survived that Kentucky? Beating those 3 teams in one week? :open_mouth:

The St Bonaventure/Colorado duo is much better.

Any chance that Michigan’s brand and relatively large TV viewership give it a slight (unofficial) boost versus less TV-friendly bubble teams with similar resumes? I am thinking of how UCLA got in last year – controversially – despite the existence of several other teams with better resumes. (Yes, they ended up making the Sweet 16 if I recall on a bogus goaltending call and a lucky second-round matchup with UAB.)

In the likely event that Michigan only beats Northwestern this week, I will be hoping hoping hoping the answer is yes. If Michigan loses to Northwestern, they really won’t deserve a bid anyway.

I know this is biased but I feel if we beat just northwestern and lose a close one to the Hoosiers that we deserve in. I think our no bad losses is a big deal. A team like Monmouth has good wins to but lost a few in conference. I actuky think we’d go undefeTed in the Maac and other conferences. Any mid majors we played we destroyed. Wasn’t even close. Also who are they taking over us? Monmouth, the Bonnie’s? We went 10-8 in a top conference with three good wins. Also should have best Maryland the second time. I think we are better then the sec teams/mid majors were up against. I really do. I’m convinced we would run these mid major conferences.

1 Like

I believe the big ten is better than pac 12 or big east of sec yet teams who went 9-9 in these conferences have higher rpi then us and are getting better looks. I don’t see how. No way we go 9-9 in either conference.i feel we deserve props for 10-8 finish in big ten. Better conference record in a better conference.

No one on the bubble “deserves” to be in IMO
You PROVE you should be in the tourney by winning plenty of games. Otherwise you’re just at the mercy of the committee and have no say otherwise.

1 Like

Agreed all the bubble teams are bad this year. If it was possible to have 58 teams it would happen, it has just been like that this year.

True. Can’t argue there

Boheim did some campaigning after Syracuse’s loss to Pitt. If a coach misses games for impropriety, I don’t think the committee should discount those games.

Yea, they still lost those games. Also they have been on a huge slide. Not sure what’s better about their resume. I just don’t buy Monmouth, st Bonnie or cuse is better than us. Also what has Wichita st done to be a lock? Check their resume. It’s not impressive. Also st Mary’s is not better than us.

Unfortunately we’ve pulled ourselves into this conversation. If we had won the second Maryland game, or beaten OSU or Iowa, we are likely just looking to beat NW to be a lock. Now we gotta win two.

Road wins are being valued. However if we had 15 road games vs teams ranked beyond 150 we would have as many road wins as st bony Wichita or Monmouth. I see what ur saying

Head to head we’d smoke these guys on their floor. I’m convinced of this

1 Like