Big Ten Tournament: Michigan vs. Michigan State Open Thread

People can track my comments–I know , who would want to–but I do not whine about officiating, But it will nice to get away fro the B10 refs in the tourney

You have no problem calling Poole a “retard” but are protective of the refs? Really dude?

3 Likes

I feel like I’m trapped in an episode of grounhog day. Get me outa here.

1 Like

yes, that was ridiculous but they need to use this as a springboard from here on out and hope msu gets karmic justice in the dance.

No such thing as Big Ten refs. Very well may see these same dickheads again.

On the plus side, I can look forward to Spartan Twitter telling me how prestigious the BTT title is again.

I think Michigan State has surpassed Duke for the one team I want no part of in the tournament

1 Like

I know I may take a beating here, but we got outcoached, again! Or, giving Beilein the benefit of the doubt, our players just don’t listen to the coaches regarding covering McQuaid. We kept trying to double Winston and then couldn’t recover to McQuaid over and over again. Y’all can tell me whether it’s coaching or players not listening, but I give up. Also, letting Simpson shoot the three with game tied makes 0 sense.

3 Likes

Looking forward to Sparty fans telling us our National Title means less because we lost to them 3 times! :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry, just upset…I take it back, but dammit, too many points in these saprty games where the offense goes full stupid. Luckily we have the tourney, but I GUARANTEE John would agree that he doesnt coach this kind of crap offense.

I might be in the minority, but Simpson shooting a wide open 3 is not the problem. He hits that, we win.

9 Likes

Of course there are. The fact that we may get some of them along the way doesn’t mean that is all we will get. And TV Teddy would disagree with you.

But he does coach this crap offense, he is the head coach. Its that simple

Hasn’t the JB/Izzo back and forth consisted of three or four game winning streaks over and over and over? Feels like there’s never any alternating.

I feel like the less talented team has won five straight games in this rivalry.

2 Likes

But I dont think it’s outcoached…I just think the guys go rogue/hero ball on O. That second half looked COMPLETELY different that first…seems to be when pressure hits, the guys throw actaul basketball strategy out the window.

1 Like

Really, not even that mad. Sort of like the first game or Villanova last year. Just got beat by a really good team that played better than us.

By the way, for the 3rd straight game, it was the defense, not the offense, that killed us. They scored 42 points in the 2nd half. We scored 31 in the first half, 29 in the 2nd – basically the same.

2 Likes

Well, yeah. And last year it was quite the opposite.

Now our coach will go to the podium once again and say something incredibly classy about both teams for the third time this year, before turning his attention to getting this team back to another national title appearance

i tend to think if mcquaid had been defended well, this would be an entirely different outcome

2 Likes

Not when they arent listening to him…after the half he even said as much, I paraphrase “need to stop taking bad shots”…even he knows these guys arent doing it right