Big Ten Roster Movement (Summer 2016)

Aubrey Dawkins is reportedly transferring to play for his father. This opens up a scholarship.

1 Like

Good luck to him.

Major over haul taking place and will continue. This is a good thing.

1 Like

Full Court press on Alec Peters if he decides to be a grad transfer

2 Likes

AUBREY NO…I loved Aubrey even though he played no D going to miss him but it is probably better for the team.

1 Like

Now its bring in a grad transfer or nothing IMO. Bringing in a normal transfer is a bad idea having an open scholarship for years to come isn’t bad.

1 Like

There is/was really no need for both Dawkins and Robinson.

6 Likes

I’d be shocked if we didn’t end up with a grad transfer to play on the wing this year. We’re a little light there waiting for Poole. Right now off the bench it’s Kam, X and Ibi. Not a lot of immediate relief as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

Damn I loved the kid. Most likely a better decision for him and Michigan though.

1 Like

This should really open the door for Kam to have a big year. He is currently the only viable option at the 3-4 off of the bench now.

Major overhaul? What other changes are you expecting?

Does this open the door for Spike to return?

I am well aware I may take heat for this but now we must bring back spike and we can run a nice 2 pg set. Walton is better off the wing and isn’t a true pg and spike is. Have Spike-Dwalt-MAAR-Irvin-Donnal start with Wagner-Robinson-X off the bench. Our defense may hurt with that lineup but no difference should be expected.

Good luck to Aubrey. It will be interesting to see if Wilson or Wagner get any time at the four next year.

I love Spike but Alec Peters improves our team significantly. A 6’8" power forward that averaged 19 and 8, shooting 44% from three (with over 200 attempts). Shift Zak to the three and have Duncan be the first guy off the bench.

1 Like

Is there any speculation about Peters having interest in Michigan or is it just on this board?

I think now the big question is if that is it for the transfers or is there more to come. Kam Chatman now worries me if he leaves because thats our only wing off the bench. Can not say for sure what he will do but hopefully he stays.

You never know, but Kam has said he’s staying.

1 Like

If Spike was to come back, can he compete at the level that he did before? My guess is that he won’t be back either way. It would be great to have another option at guard.

Kam is staying. Only other player that might leave is DJ Wilson.